cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 19

Re: unable to connect to war thunder.

It means that router at hop 10 is not configured, or is too busy, to reply to pings.

The fact you're 46 ms from hop 13 doesn't show a problem.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
will5572
Beginner
Message 12 of 19

is there anyway i can configure my router to connect better to the location it ends up at if that makes sense?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 19

You could use a VPN like I said before
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
will5572
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

sorry but is that easy to do ray?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 19

Yes, if you know what you're doing. As is connecting to BT Wifi or via a tethered mobile phone
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Have you tried connecting via a friends/neighbours PC. If it's their servers or a problem with your 'previously beta' account then you won't be able to connect. If it's something in your own setup (firewalls are often suspects if the game requires open 'ports') << game documentation / forums will be full of people compaining if it requires port forwarding. If you are getting internet generally I doubt it has anything to do with BT but the HomeHub may require a bit of tweaking to open ports if they are required - likewise a firewall on your own PC is the most likely problem.

PS Make sure you are runing the game with admin rights << this is another frequent problem in Win 7 / 8.

0 Ratings
TheOldWiseMan
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

For the purposes of eliminating things: -

Can you do a restart on your router so that you are issued with a new external IP address (you have a dynamic address, with a new one issued when the router reconnects). Sometimes when you get a new address in a new range this sort of problem goes away.

If you get a new IP and it still doesn't work, it may be a DNS resolution issue. Are you doing the tracert to host01lw-nl.warthunder.com or are you using the IP adddress 37.48.71.129

If you are using the host name then you could change the primary DNS on your router to be someone other than BT's, eg Google's DNS servers (try 8.8.8.8), however I would only use that to troubleshoot.

Hope that has given you some additional options to troubleshoot.

0 Ratings
blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

If you are using a HomeHub you have to change the DNS settings at the computer networking end because the router is hardwired to use BTs DNS servers by default - in windows - control panel - network properties << google it - it is pretty easy.

I still think BT 'scrub' (aka alter DNS) whichever service you use for Domain Name Resolution.

0 Ratings
will5572
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

hi everyone thanks for the replies!! i really appreciate it. i have tried using alternate dns server addresses but no joy i also tried resetting my router and also aquiring a new ip addy but still no success. gaijin the developer say there is definetely no issue on their end so im stumped and fed up. any other ideas would be great il try anything!!

0 Ratings