cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruari_wales
Message 1 of 14

unable to order FTTP but neighbours can

Hi, I’m unable to order BT infinity, however my neighbours can, using the BT wholesale availability checker it shows me connected to the same cabinet as my neighbours however the Openreach infinity checker says exploring solutions for my property, but taking orders (of which they already have it installed) for my neighbours. I understand there is an Openreach database I can be requested to be added to via one of the moderators to resolve this. Can somebody please advise?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: unable to order FTTP but neighbours can

Enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

do you currently have bt broadband - adsl(copper)

write to openreach https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Ruari_wales
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for the reply
https://imgur.com/gallery/j9ndS
Yes currently BT Broadband ADSL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Which exchange and cabinet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Ruari_wales
Message 5 of 14

ST ATHAN, Cabinet 5

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Are you sure your neighbour in same cabinet ? Have you tried using their phone number? You cab 5  shows currently as not available which fits in with checker 'planned'

0 Ratings
Ruari_wales
Message 7 of 14

Only from selecting the other available addresses from my postcode and typing the address manually. It’s possible the number would return different results, however pretty much every address I check is on Cabinet 5 (it’s not a large postcode by any means)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Address is not accurate better using phone number but does look like they are on a different cabinet

0 Ratings
Ruari_wales
Message 9 of 14

Apologies, I think I may be getting confused with FTTC and FTTP, here is the info from a neighbour on the same cabinet https://imgur.com/gallery/TmQRT
However I’m still not sure why my premises is unable to place an order.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

That is the difference your neighbour has FTTP available and your do not. Unfortunately until openreach make FTTP available to you if they ever do there is nothing much you can do

0 Ratings