cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

upgrade to infinity turned out to be a downgrade & problems since febuary.

I have been a bt customer since 2008 & when infinity became available in my area i took it & now i regret this. i was close to the end of my contract and was offered infinity with fake promises and dont get me started on the tv advertisement. the advert makes many false claims in my opinion and i base this on the service and lies i have been feed. on the 3rd of febuary a bt openreach engineer came to my property and took all day to set up, after a few trips to the exchange and my home, and managing to cut my landline off and trying to get the hub to go blue. the engineer left and thats when all the issues started and since that day i have had 4 engineers in my house and still my hub goes red from time to time and it's sooooo slow. i have spoken to so many people at bt with the longest call being over 2 hours and managers who dont give a **bleep** and deny issues faced. i have had weekends without broadband and yet managers just claim it's a drop in connection and the amount of times i have heard it's my hub is unreal. i have 2 hubs and always test both and do all the checks and still my speed is slow or my hub goes red and a engineer told me that it should never be red. if i dont hear from someone high up then im left with no other option then reporting the situation and seek legal action. it's now september and so 7 months of paying for a service and promises of money back and yet nothing been done. the team on the phone also dont write everything down, as when i call up they lie and all i ever do is complain and it's got to the point where i avoid calling bt as they do nothing and i have even had a worker be very rude to me. i will not renew and i certainly wouldnt recommend bt anymore as they lie on the phone and play the blame game. i also have to work from home and due to the slow broadband i am unable to fulfill my role and so i miss out financially.  my current download speed is 17.21 and the highest i use to get was more then double that.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: upgrade to infinity turned out to be a downgrade & problems since febuary.

why is there a "**bleep**" on my text when i did Not swear... Smiley Frustrated 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

This a customer help customer forum and your posts do not go to BT -

the 'beep' is just an over aggressive aotomatic censor

can you enter your phone number and post results remember to remove phone number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

as this is a residential conenction it is not intended for business use although many use it for email and casual business use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

hello, thank you for your reply and im trying to work out how to do that and without posting my number.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 12

Paint (if a windows OS) has a brush which enables you to blank out your number. (All Programmes/Accessories).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

bt results.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

photo 1.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

where did i state i had intentions of using it for business ??? Smiley Frustrated  i sometimes cant even check my emails due to broadband issues and i have to connect to hotspot or use mobile provider instead. so whats the point me paying for this when it dont work fully and like i said it's been ongoing since febuary. no problems before this and it's since infinity and im unable to have 2 tabs open. 7 months it's been ongoing and no one at bt cares because they still get money out of me and they have even reduced me to tears over this with the lies and excuses.Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

@hannahorlandini wrote:

i also have to work from home and due to the slow broadband i am unable to fulfill my role and so i miss out financially.  my current download speed is 17.21 and the highest i use to get was more then double that.

I took that to be business use whether your own or not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 10 of 12

okay. can anyone here actually help me with this please as it would be much appreciated. thank you

0 Ratings