cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

upgraded but....

ok i recently upgraded my bt infinity 2 , to the new bt infinity 2 and ordered the home hub 4 with it.

my speed before was always 38Mbs / 8Mbs  and the upgraded bt infinity supposed to give me "up to" 76mbs / 19 Mbs  , but , hmm how can i say that ,i feel like im back on my non infinity connection , my speed barely reach 20Mb/8Mb now...

here a little test i did Speedtest

so how is that possible to upgarde the connection and the router and end up with worst speed ?

thx

Edit : i did the BtW performance test it says there , that my profile still on Bt 38Mbs.... so obviously they send the router,take the money , but never updated my line profile

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Enigma123
Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: upgraded but....

If you where on infinity 2 to begin with then their is no speed increase for renewing/ getting the new infinity 2 ie totally unlimited infinity 2. I would phone up and log it as a fault as their should be no change in speed as the line isn't retrained as part of the renewal it just continues. Be on guard even though you where getting 38Mb down if the figures for your connection speed have been lowered ie a new estimate and you are getting that estimate prepare yourself to talk to BT India who will say your getting your estimated speed even though you got higher it wouldn't matter they will stick to that script. Similar thing is why i canceled and moving to another ISP. All the best getting this sorted.
0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 3 of 11

You may find your router is faulty personally i think the Cr*p hub is rubbish and i've been using my own for a while. What home hub did it replace? It should have replaced the Cr*p hub3 in which case you can use that as their is no cap with speed in the router. Make sure the computer is in port 4 and that its a wired speed test hope that helps
0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 4 of 11

homehub 4s seem to have a habit of doing that with people, if you have another router try it and see what your speeds are with it, it may be a bad hh4

0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

i did reconnect the router i had before the upgrade to see if there was any difference, and there isn't any, so obviously the problem must come from the profile of the line since i updated !!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 11

what is your up ip profile set to?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

same as before the update 38Mb , that's the speed i had before , but since the "so called" upgrade to the supposed 76Mb/19Mb , my speed went down, even did a test during night and my speed didn't even reach 5Mb download ( throttled ? )
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 11

38Mb is your down ip profile, what is your up ip profile?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

regarding to btw test

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 4.48Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
0 Ratings