cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

upgrading to BT halo 3+

I currently have halo 1 and want to upgrade to halo 3+ but I’m wondering why it says on the deals page the halo 3+ speed will be the same as my current speed with the halo 1? I’m looking to get the 54-73 MBPS but when I click the deal it says 48-53 MBPS will be my download speed?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: upgrading to BT halo 3+

Changing package will have no effect on your speed if it is currently below the fibre1 cap of 55M

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

How do I know if I’m below the fibre 1 cap? How can I get faster speeds or can I not?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Can you elaborate on what you mean please?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

@Kiehazz wrote:

Can you elaborate on what you mean please?

If your current speed is less than 55M, nothing will change with a change of package, you are receiving the maximum speed your line is capable of.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Alright thank you I’ve just checked on that link and it says I’m not available for FTTP yet but when I am is this when I can get higher speeds?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Yes, when FTTP is available you can get up to 900Mbs

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

what speed range did checker show for vdsl?  Can you post the results

hub stats will be good to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

F2B8E40E-9FF1-47EA-A36C-BEA85EF2E046.jpeg

These are the range it is showing but I currently get max 52mbps I’ve noticed recently. It says on mybt app my speeds are between 51-71 MBPS with bt halo one but never do I get 71 MBPS

0 Ratings