cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

ventilation cover for nokia ont internal

Hello Folks

I had fibre installed yesterday and I have been left with this. Is there a cover / box I can put around the unit to stop kids and dogs and hoovers banging off it do you know ?

Thanks

Dave

IMG_20211209_113513894_HDR.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: ventilation cover for nokia ont internal

Buy some clips and tidy them up against the wall. Trying to keep the same bend in the fibre. When mine is all sorted i'm personally sticking mine in a little bit of white trunking I have leftover. Doing this for the same reasons you stated. 

Message 3 of 6

Earlier installations came in a box with  a battery back up unit. Perhaps a well known auction site may have one?

Otherwise the ONT might just fit in a surface mounting double pattress box. Use the cut outs for the cables and ventilation. If similar to the Huawei version, the ONT is mounted on a pair of screws it slide on to.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 4 of 6

There's no way it will fit in a double pattress box.

Message 5 of 6

The cases you’re referring to were designed to fit the 1+1 ONT and a BBU.

They were commonly known as, ‘The Breeze Block’, ‘The Eyesore’ and the, ‘You Can Duck Right Off if You Think You’re Putting that Thing on my Wall’.

Message 6 of 6

Just tried with my Huawei. Just a couple of mm too narrow. I don't know how the Nokia compares size wise.

But - from the image posted, if you were to remove the bottom side of a pattress box, the ONT would be protected on three sides and the front.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’