cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 1 of 28

very shoddy service!

Well today has been and gone and I have no internet.

My contact details have not been updated, despite requesting that my mobile be used instead of an old unused one, so the engineer could not contact me. So I was left staring out my mobile waiting for a call while the engineer was popping a card through the letter box and going on their merry way.

That's not even the worst part! When I found the card I immediately called the number on it and a very polite and helpful man arranged changing my contact number and even got an appointment booked for this afternoon! I was delighted!

But no engineer came. So I called bt again to find out that not only has my contact number still not been changed there is no record of anything from the call this afternoon. 

So the install is now booked for Tuesday. Raging at the incompetence of it all. I'm forced to pay £130 and this is the nonsense I'm rewarded with? I've had to change shifts at work to be in all day today and now Tuesday as well! 

I really don't think this is how paying customers should be treated . My partner is so angry she's all for filing a formal complaint and seeking compensation. 

Is there anything that the mods can do to help? I'm feeling seriously messed around and taken for a very expensive ride.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 28

Re: very shoddy service!

You said you had to change your shift so you can be in all day today;

'I've had to change shifts at work to be in all day today and now Tuesday as well!'

But you've not been in all day because you said;

'My contact details have not been updated, despite requesting that my mobile be used instead of an old unused one, so the engineer could not contact me. So I was left staring out my mobile waiting for a call while the engineer was popping a card through the letter box and going on their merry way.'

So if you've changed your shift to be at home for the engineer why not wait at home for him then go out after he's been?
0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 3 of 28

...why does that mean I was not in the house? 

It means I was in my house waiting on my mobile ringing. 

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 28

But you got an A108 Drop Card... The engineer must have walked up the path and pushed it through the letter box...

He also would have been parked outside for a minimum of 15 mins as well because they have to wait on site for that amount of time... They would know if he didn't because the van has a GPS tracker, the trackers they use are accurate to within 10 metres...
0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 5 of 28

Whether the engineer parked their van and put a card through the letter box or not is not even the question! They must have as the card exists and was on my door mat! 

What I'm **bleep** about is that was the fist contact I had. Which was them leaving! 

And then the runaround and nonsense after.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 28

There should be no reason to pay that for a broadband install
0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 7 of 28

I was told that since I was mid contact and was moving exchanges that it was unavoidable. Seems a tad excessive.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 28

A friend of mine enquired about Infinity and like you, was part way through a contract (9 months left to run), and he was told he would have to buy himself out of the remaining 9 months before he could start a new contract with Infinity.....

I'm certain I didn't get that 2 months ago !!!!!

Is this some sort of new policy ?

Presumably you would have to come to the end of your current contract just as your cabinet has been enabled ???

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 9 of 28

I've no idea. I was told I'd have to pay and there was no other way. I've moved a few minutes up the road but it means a different exchange and cabinet.
Still...the run around I've had is just in unprofessional.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 28

So is it a new line ?

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings