Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robotd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

waiting for Infinity for 4 years!

Go to solution
Hi,

I moved into my new build property in 2008 a couple of years after I changed my broadband provider to BT on the promise of super fast Infinity, which was supposed to be installed at the end of the year. Basically the date has been slipping ever since, which I know a lot of people have experienced but then late last year a fttc cabinet turned up next to the smaller one. In January I saw the BT engineer putting the fibres in and asked what timescale we were looking at, he said shouldn't be longer than about 4 weeks. Yay at last we're getting somewhere, urm no! 6month later the power was connected up to the cabinet but they still haven't removed the road working signs, and guess what the activation date slipped back to the end of September, what a load of rubbish! I work in the telecoms industry and time and time again we are let down by BT and open reach I just can't believe how ridiculous these time scales are. I full expect to be fobbed off with a load of rubbish here too as I've tried every other avenue of communication with BT / open reach to no avail. FYI I'm on Darton Exchange Cabinet 25. Thanks.
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: waiting for Infinity for 4 years!

Go to solution

This is a BT CUSTOMER to BT CUSTOMER forum...........

Openreach are in charge of the infrastructure........NOT BT

@robotd wrote:
I full expect to be fobbed off with a load of rubbish here too as I've tried every other avenue of communication with BT / open reach to no avail.

In view of the above statement, exactly what are you trying to achieve by posting on here ?

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

having been in a similar situation as you describe the problem was getting the fibre to the cabinet from the main point due to blocked ducts in the road.  it took months to get them cleared due to work involved but also the constant need to get council approval for the work and the traffic problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
robotd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

If there was some other way of venting my frustration at the lack of help in this matter I would have tried it, I also believe there are BT CUSTOMERS on this forum that may have had similar issues and would like to share them and possibly offer advice on who I may be able to contact further.  I've tried getting in contact with Openreach through email but I either don't get an answer or a generic fob off.

To summarise my hope is that I can get some help I suppose and the statement you quite aptly extracted is my expectations but when other avenues are not forcoming I've tried this one, thanks.

0 Ratings
robotd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution
I found out through some contacts and discussion within BT customer care that financial issues were mainly to blame for the initial stutter, and also after contacting the council re. the planning permission they hadn't been contacted until late last year which is about the time when the FTTC cab was installed. thank you for your reply.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

I doubt whatever you try will speed up openreach or make them decide to change their plans of when your cabinet will be activated.  if you want some idea of problems and timescale read this thread  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Dalkeith-Exchange-BT-Infinity/td-p/308555

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
robotd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks for that, I can see my problems are but a drop in the ocean, I just don't understand how this can be acceptable as a business model and why there isn't any competition to Openreach for infrastructure improvements such as these.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution
it is nothing to do with BT Openreach are providing Fibre services for all ISP's except Virgin
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

@robotd

After some consideration, maybe my reply to you was a bit harsh for which I apologise. During the relatively short time I have been a member of this forum, I have been greatly impressed by the assistance given to posters by other customers of BT and I get very defensive when posters come on here just to rant and rave, or those who state "I full expect to be fobbed off with a load of rubbish here too"

As you probably now realise, there are many, many steps that need to be taken before Infinity can be installed, and all of this come under the control of Openreach, who I might add, do not converse with the end user, only the ISP,s. Any problems may well be out of the control of even Openreach. For example, the government came up with a great idea to make it impossible to dig up a road that has just been resurfaced until 2 years have passed (barring emergencies) in order to stop utility companies making a mess of a newly laid road. That does not help robotd if he happens to live on the wrong side of the road.......Smiley Sad

Try putting your postcode into http://fttc-check.alc.im/ and post the results.

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
robotd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution
Thank you for taking the time to reply with this information, I understand your reply and am also sorry for my negative start to our conversation. Please find my results below -
Cabinet (PCP) No. Cabinet Vendor Probability Uplift Phase Deployment Date Status
25 ECI 99% 8.17 Phase 06b 30/06/2014 Part of BT's 66% Commercial Plan
0 Ratings