Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
markeagles4
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Hub 6 Broken Down

Seems its finaly given up wont even turn on now , not sure what i put up with it for this long (prob because not everyone can afford a fancy 3rd party) what happens now ? have i got to pay for a new one Smiley Sad whats the warranty on these.

Could a mod have aloom into this as im having to use an old hub5 (whitch the wifi dont work) Smiley Sad 

MArk

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Hub 6 Broken Down

Are you still in a fixed term contract with BT not a rolling monthly contract? If so BT will replace the faulty router for free just phone customer services. However if you are not in a fixed term contract then hh6 belongs to you and up to you to fix or replace

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

You do not need a "fancy" third party router. A perfectly good VDSL Modem/router starts in price at £30.

However if as has been pointed out you are still in contract the BT hub will be replaced free of charge if it is faulty and it does not take a moderator to arrange this. You need to phone BT and report the fault.

0 Ratings
markeagles4
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Fixed term untill next march I think. Thanks I'll call them up
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi @markeagles4,

Did you get everything sorted when you called up?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
markeagles4
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Hi,

Yes I did thank you new one on its way hopefully tomorrow morning.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Perfect @markeagles4.

Let us know if everything's working for you ok tomorrow Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
markeagles4
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Recoived yesterday , Hub is on really old firmware, WPS is broken just flashes red when pressed , factory reset the unit unable to connect to wifi says my password is wrong (using stock pass etc) changed password and then rest back to original it worked for a while now all my devices constantly disconnect / reconnect grrrrrrr , so reset device again says password is wrong again , theis was a recon unit , box was all bashed up on the underneath . 

Mod please recify this , my other hub was solid even with all the horror stories i was blessed with a perfect unit now im just sad .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

If you need something to get you connected right away, then do as @gg30340 suggested, even if you keep it as a spare after you get a working home hub 6.

You should be able to get one locally. Please ask if you need specific details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@markeagles4 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings