Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tac32ddd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Internet dropping out

Go to solution
I have infinity and my speed has always been very low 22 or less. I decided to get the latest BT hub to improve speed & Coveridge ,,, since being connected it continually drops out and becoming a huge issue. Is it worth staying with BT or should I go to SKY for better service and quality equipment??
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Internet dropping out

Go to solution

Moving to a different ISP won't help as the line will be the same provided by openreach. The router of course is different and may or may not give better wireless connection but Ethernet should be about the same

you can of course buy a third party router like tplink 9980 for about £30/35

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Tac32ddd

Welcome and thanks for your posts!

Sorry you feel your broadband isn't performing as fast as it should be.  Can you enter your phone number here: DSL checker and post a screenshot so the community can see what your estimated speed is?  (Please remember to remove your phone number from the screenshot before posting back).

Also, please post your Hub stats so that we can see how your connection is currently performing.  I see you've got the latest Smart Hub connected.  You can access the Hub manager by entering 192.168.1.254 into your web browser.  On the latest Smart Hub you're looking for  advanced settings and technical log.

Once you post back this info we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Tac32ddd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
I have read numerous threads and all say that the hub 6 is a poor router. I have binned my hub 6 and have connected my hub 5 and at present it has not dropped out.
Playing around with hub settings is just a cop out and as I mentioned before my neighbor has great service and faster speed with sky,,,, time to bin BT I think
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I use a HH6 as do many others and I have posted many times when posts like yours occur staing that my hh6 works without a problem and wifi coverage is as good as my tplink vr2600 with 4 external aerials.

still until you move you won't know the conenction and more than likely as same line from home to cabinet will result in same speed - time will tell 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Can you post the result from the DSL checker as requested?

0 Ratings
Tac32ddd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
how do you upload a photo
0 Ratings