Contributor
bwlmog

Access Plex Media Server Through Port 32400

Hi,

Hopefully someone on here can help. I have Infinity with the HH3 and want to install Plex Media Server on my PC (which have done) however whenever I try to open the manger I get a timed out message against localhost:32400/manage/

I believe this is caused by a Port Forwarding issue but am a complete novice on these types of things. Could someone tell me how to set up port 32400 forwarding for this service via HH3.

Thanks in advance.

dlw
Aspiring Contributor
dlw

Re: Access Plex Media Server Through Port 32400

Are you accessing the plex server on the machine plex is running on? if you are then there is a problem with the server if not then you need to replace "localhost" with the IP of the computer which is the plex server. When you do get to the plex server go to preferences (top right) , My Plex, login in and out and this should set up your remote access without having to port forward on your HH3.

Hope this helps

Contributor
bwlmog

Hi dlw,

Thanks for the reply.  I have installed plex server on my home PC (which I was going to use as the server pc - a windowns 7 - 64bit) and then install plex on my ipad so that I can watch films and listen to music held on my PC.

I've installed the lastest versions of silverlight and flash and also installed the plex server software.  However, when I right click on the tray icom and select media manager it tries to open http://www.localhost.com:32400/manage/ in firefox but keeps getting timed out.  

Haven't got a clue why or how to resolve it, but slowly trying me insane.

dlw
Aspiring Contributor
dlw

Hi bwlmog,

"localhost" is your home pc so any port forwarding is not necessary you should try Chrome as this is what is suggested on plexxapp.com, when you right click on the icon do you see this Screen Shot 2012-05-27 at 17.36.04.png?

Contributor
bwlmog

Thanks again dlw, Trying uninstalling running cccleaner the checkdisk before reboot. I then tried reinstalling again as an administrator and used firefox same time out message. I then repeated the above and this time tried chrome. However, I still get the same error message. Its also worth noting that on every occasion my antivirus and firewall were taken offline. Really starting to bug me now.
dlw
Aspiring Contributor
dlw

Try disabling windows firewall, I had problems with any sort of access when it was enabled it seems to be a glitch. But it does seem strange that you cant even access the localhost on the same machine, I can access my plex server from different computers, you should try this too, login from another pc should be something like this http://192.168.1.5:32400/manage/index.html#home

localhost: