Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Asus RT-56U Problem working

Hi All I,ve got the Asus RT-56U Router and i,ve been trying to set it up with B.T Infinity but for some reason i can,t get a connection  I am useing the right cable that came with it and just at my wits end as to what i,m doing wrong ? only thing i can think of is doing a factory reset , i have no problems with the B.T Hub everytime i unplug it and plug it back it works great  any ideas or pointers how i can get it working ?

JamJar62
Expert

Re: Asus RT-56U Problem working

You need to set it up as a PPPOE connection with an ethernet cable from WAN on the router to the OR modem.
Your logon details should be bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password can be anything but I think on Asus there has to be something e.g. not blank.
Guru

anthonyUK wrote:
You need to set it up as a PPPOE connection with an ethernet cable from WAN on the router to the OR modem.
Your logon details should be bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password can be anything but I think on Asus there has to be something e.g. not blank.

The password for some is just BT or password, like mine is BT doesn't work with anything else I have no idea why.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Aspiring Expert

[ Edited ]

Ignore my comment  

Note to self : Doh, you don't need to VLAN tag 101, it's a router only, not modem!