Fairliewindy

BT Home Hub 3.0 and Apple Airport Express

Hi

I am trying to connect my airport express to my new home hub 3 network to wirelessly print and enjoy AirTunes.

Airport Manager on the iMac doesn't see the airport at all even after resetting it.

I was wondering if anyone had any hints on how to set up? Is it the security for example?

Would be most appreciated!
Aspiring Expert
mikey_b

Re: BT Home Hub 3.0 and Apple Airport Express

Beginner
jimmynitcher

[ Edited ]

Did it work ? 

I couldn't follow the instructions as they didn't seem to refer to the current Hub Manager.

Aspiring Expert
mikey_b

well yeah otherwise I wouldn't post it lol

Beginner
jimmynitcher

I didn't mean your brother you dufus, but even then you did say "he tried" it which isn't exactly conclusive is it?

r

Aspiring Expert
mikey_b

lol ....

Beginner
jimmynitcher

OK you seem to be a bit mad - does anyone else have any practical advice? The link above is 2 years old and is impossible to follow.

Aspiring Expert
mikey_b

I am not mad by any means :smileyhappy: Just for you I called my brother up and double checked, he screen shared with me and reset his home hub and AE to factory settings then ran through it and it all connected again.

Beginner
jimmynitcher

Well that's very kind of you, I'm glad you managed to confirm that you aren't mad and your brother is happy with his connection, is there any chance that you could SHARE what he did? I mean that is the point of a forum isn't it?

That link has about 4 possible cures, so for a start I don't even know which one your brother is using, that alone would save me a bit of time! None of them have worked so far.

Also, as I said before, the most detailed fix has a list of actions that don't appear to refer to BTHH3 at all, it being from 2008. (E.g. it says change the Wireless settings on the HH3 to 128bit - there is no option for this).

What I, and possibly many others need, is clear, concise, up to date instructions.

Maybe your brother could come on here or do a video on YT or something - there's going to be a lot more people needing to know as take up of Infinity increases around the country.

Aspiring Expert
mikey_b

1)  WPA&WPA2 is 128bit 

2)  I have SHARED as you put it (caps = screaming) by posting the Apple furom that helped him with his connection        for the HH2 and HH3

3)  There is only ONE "cure" the rest are the same but incomplete versions.

"What I, and possibly many others need, is clear, concise, up to date instructions."

4)   They were provided for you.

5)   jimmynitcher meet google.com, google.com meet jimmynitcher.