Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

BT Infinity Checker

Hi. I'm really confused. I have been considdering Infinity 2 for the last month as the checker has stated available now and download speed of 59Mb. This has also been the case with all the other providers Plus net, Sky etc. I checked again this morning and again it was available. I was going to sign up tonight and suddenly the checker now says not available. This is now the same on all the other providers I have checked my exchange on the openreach site and it says it is enabled. Any advise please??

James.

Distinguished Sage

Re: BT Infinity Checker

The most likely reason is there is a problem with the activation of your cabinet I am afraid all you can do is wait hopefully not to long
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor

Thanks. Does seem a little strange. The FTTC check and SamKnows checker still say that my telephone number and postcode are enabled.

Guru

The other possibility is that all the slots on the cabinet have now been allocated.
Aspiring Contributor

Does that mean I may not be able to get fibre for some time?
Guru

If the slots are all allocated it is likely to be quite a time. If it is an activation problem (which I think is more likely as John suggested) then it might not be. Pretty vague, sorry, and I don't know where you can go for better information.
Aspiring Contributor

Thanks guys. Was getting over excited with the thought of a faster speed, back to my 180kb downloads then :smileysad:

Guru

sjtp wrote:
If the slots are all allocated it is likely to be quite a time. If it is an activation problem (which I think is more likely as John suggested) then it might not be. Pretty vague, sorry, and I don't know where you can go for better information.

They would just add another box, what they did to mine.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Distinguished Expert

Check your phone number here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
when it says you can get fttc then you can order
Distinguished Sage

ryant704 wrote:

sjtp wrote:

They would just add another box, what they did to mine.

very unusual to install a second cabinet 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’