Beginner
jimbog
Accepted Solution

BT Infinity Home Hub and and BT DECNET digital cordless phones

I have just had BT infinity installed last week. All appears to be well on the broadband front but not so with the telephony side. The engineer installed the master socket in the study where both the phone line and data line are connected onto the outside wall and directly out to the external cable pair connected to the pole, so no complicated wiring.

I have a BT Diverse 6350 corded (Base Station) and cordless handset (DECT) telephone. The base station is situated in the same location as the Home Hub and the cordless phone is situated downstairs.

i) Before BT Infinity was installed incoming and outgoing calls to DECT phone OK  

ii)  After BT Infinity installed incoming calls received to DECT phone and answered OK but the originating end (caller) cannot hear speech . The called person can hear speech OK. Outgoing calls from the cordless handset appear to be working .

I suspect this may have something to do with the channel frequency of the Home Hub3  and the BT DECT phone but I cannot be seure. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be most welcome.

Many Thanks  :smileyindifferent:

PC
Expert
PC

Re: BT Infinity Home Hub and and BT DECNET digital cordless phones

[ Edited ]

First thing that came to mind.... but am sure isn't the problem however have you made sure the MUTE isn't on on the Dect phone?

Edit ...If mute was on all the time then the outgoing calls wouldn't work as well so it can't be that.

If you are wondering about the HH3  "something to do with the channel frequency of the Home Hub3"

You can TURN OFF the HH3 wireless signal and then try things.

Click on http://bthomehub.home/

Then settings and enter your password.

Then advanced settings.... continue to advanced settings.

Then Wireless tab.

Tick the NO for wireless Enable and at the bottom right of the page click apply.

If that cures it you can then reinstate the wireless and using channel selection move it from Automatic onto a selected channel.

INNSIDER is useful to identify a clear channel.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

Beginner
jimbog

Re: BT Infinity Home Hub and and BT DECNET digital cordless phones

I have been into the menu and adjusted the WI-FI channel seeting manually, initially tried Channel 6 unsucesfully then I tried Channel 11 which seemed to work.