Aspiring Contributor
Arcolite

BT Infinity Username and Password

I'm supposed to be getting BT Infinity activated tomorrow morning but I'm getting a little worried.

I've received the Modem and Welcome Pack with the CDs (which I wont be using!!!) but I haven't recieved anything with a Username and Password which the Activation Confirmation email suggests the engineer will need.

Should I be contacting Customer services ASAP?

Aspiring Contributor
hulimanuli

Re: BT Infinity Username and Password

[ Edited ]

Hi

I had Infinity installed last month and the engineer did not need a username and password! In any case the Hubs username is static at bthomehub@btbroadband.com

I wouldn't worry!

Expert
Geoff93

Do you already have BT broadband? If not you should get an email with a BT username and a 2nd with your password. If you are already a customer then you will have a BT email address and password but as hulimanuli said you don't need a usrname or password for the router - it is a default username and the BT router doens't need a password.
Aspiring Contributor
Arcolite

I'm switching from BeThere to BT Infinity.
I don't already have a BT email address, but I don't require one either. I only need the connection working.

My concern was that the connection wouldn't work without the Username/Password. Last time I used BT for Broadband was when they had the Alcatel Stingray Modem and you had to connect with your Username and Password.
Beginner
wh1992

You don't need them for the installation, the engineer will sort that out for you.  You use your username and password for checking your online bill, usage etc - you should get a letter confirming these details a week or so before your set-up date.  If not, then I would contact.

Aspiring Contributor
Arcolite

Ah then in that case I should be fine. I already know my BT.com username/password for checking my phonebill.

Excellent :smileyvery-happy:
Contributor
dodger

The username and password is for the BT Internet email either using BT Yahoo or using Outlook Express etc.  It is also used for signing into BTOpenzone and BTFon