Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

BT Infinity & problems in postcode checker

Hi

Not sure if anyone else has come across this problem, but one side of my street is eligible for BT Infinity and one side is not. I am all of 20m away from a cabinet that is enabled, and if I use postcodes on the opposite side of the street to me I can order Inifinity. On my side I cannot. 

I live on a new development (2006) which used to be a hospital. When the house was built open reach pulled a line from the cabinet so am confused and wonder if there is a process to get the site checked. It's very frustrating as I am road width away from a BT concrete manhole cover. I know for services such as VM there is an unserviceable address process where they check the veracity of their database (i.e. to check they still don't think I live in a hospital!). Is there something similar for BT?

Thanks

R

Expert

Re: BT Infinity & problems in postcode checker

It's possible that your side of the road is connected to a different cabinet, and that cabinet has not been upgraded yet.

Beginner

Yeah had considered that and that could well be the case - but when I spoke to BT on the phone it was all very confused. An fttc check for my postcode gives:

P10990%4.957aPart of deployment

FTTP (Fiber to the Premises)

But apparently I can only order 3mb broadband :-(

I just wondered if there was a 'hey, can someone double check this DB entry' process as I have just started the same with VM - they responded very quickly and said they believed their database could be out of date as they had my postcode as commercial property. It's the same situation with VMs check btw - one side of road good, the other not.

Distinguished Guru

Looks like you're in line to get FTTP. What does the DSL checker say for your phone number?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again :smileyhappy:
Beginner

Available ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

Featured Products

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6--5 to 7Available
ADSL MaxUp to 4--2.5 to 7Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available

Beginner

I certainly can't get 'up to 7' now :-) More like 3.5 max during the day
Beginner

So am generally left confused - is there any way of knowing when a phase 7a might happen? I am guessing not as there seems to be info on phase 10 + so I assume it's in limbo or inaccurate for my postcode...

Distinguished Guru

[ Edited ]

You could ask Openreach, the owner of Phase 7a and all the other phases. Email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again :smileyhappy:
Beginner

awesome thanks - will give that a try