Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

BT Infinity install lead time and engineer visit

Just bought a house and not moving in for 2 or so weeks. Need to order phone line and BT Infinity, but not sure how schedul-able the engineer visit is? Do I need to order as soon as possible or is there a standard time I'd have to wait. (Have I already missed this anyway?)

Guru

Re: BT Infinity install lead time and engineer visit

[ Edited ]

When I ordered Infinity I got a table of free times with the ability to book a 1/2 day slot.  It was the same when a friend ordered a new phone line for standard ADSL internet. 

The first available time was over a couple of weeks away in both cases, so I'd order now.

Contributor

Well, turns out the earliest they can do is 12th June  Smiley Sad

Contributor

ive been waiting a month now mate i get mine installed next wednesday id order asap if i was you
Contributor

dont let them fool you saying they can get you early date than that it just mess up your order 5 weeks all togeather ive got to wait
Contributor

Oh I have ordered it ... just disappointed that I won't have phone or broadband until that date.

Also that the box will get delivered and will end up back at the sorting office I can't get to during the week.

Expert

[ Edited ]
If your ordered it after 10th of may you should get a homehub 4 which just gets put through the post box with no signing for, and no trips to sorting office. That's one of the big marketing points of the new hub.
Guru

Also, check the order carefully.  There are some cases where telephone line orders combined with Infinity orders 'lose' the Infinity bit.  That can force you to have to reorder Infinity after the line has been installed; and another wait of a few weeks.

I don't know if this is a common problem or just an occasional one that crops on on the forum.  I'm also not sure if there is much you can do about it if you see that it has happened.  Others may have some useful advice on any preventative or remedial action that might help.

Contributor

Well I tried to change the appointment date to the afternoon, and now have ended up with the infinity install before the phone .... aaaarghhhh ....

Phone call to nice lady in Sunderland and it'll get sorted (probably) tomorrow ....

So the home hub will fit through the letterbox then?