dahorn

BT infinity connection in Milton Keynes.

After a few days of attempting to use the absolute joke of a service they call bt customer support, I have turned to the forums to see if maybe i can get some answers from people who are not mindless drones ignoring what i am asking, endlessly reciting the same scriptied troubleshooting nonsense and questioning my ability to turn things on and off again.

Problems begain at some time between saturday 12th (PM) and sunday 13th (AM), when my connection for bt infitity stopped working. On both my Openreach (HG612) and homehub3 connection appears to as it should be however no internet traffic seems to get through as websites fail to load and applicaions/games fail to connecton to online services. This is the same for multiple devices, browsers/applications and across multiple operating systems connected both wired (to homehub and openreach via ppoe) and wirelessly.  I have ruled out every possible fault with any of my equipment by swapping every componant and cable needed to connect to infinity (exept the openreach vdsl modem, which i dont have a suitible spare to test).

There are no problems with my phone line regarding noise on the line, and have also re sat the connection from the pole to my master socket just incase. I have tryed the connection through the test socket also with the problem continuing to persist.

Yesterday after getting online using a tethered 3g connection, i noticed a new bt infinity fault for my area code (milton keynes, 01908) had been listed on the service status page (it would have been nice for bt support to tell me this while i was on the phone to them for hours on end). The fault was listed on Mon 14/10/2013 at 10:36 and marked as resolved on Tue 15/10/2013 at 00:27. However it is now 10 hours after the issue has suposidly been resolved and no service has been restored to me. I have reset and power cycled both modems serveral times since the fault was marked as resolved but my problems remain as they have been for the past few days.

Its probably a long shot but it would be great if anyone from my area could confirm wheteher ot not they are having simalar problems to me. Also i am open to any sujestions to anything i can try on my end but i feel i have tryed everything i can. Perhaps a moderator can even help by confirming wether my connection problems are related to this fault, and whether the fault has actually been repaired despite what the service status page says

Thanks in advance

Beginner
Chrissy76

Re: BT infinity connection in Milton Keynes.

I'm having exactly the same problem I spent a total of 3 hours on the phone to BT over the weekend and they led me to believe it was an isolated incident, but then when I phoned on Sunday 13th at 11am there was a recorded message stating that there had been major issues in the 01908 area which they were working to fix and should take 4 hours. I phoned again at around 6pm and the message had been updated and stated that the problem was now fixed but I still have no internet access.  I have had a fault logged on my BT account since Saturday but this hasn't progressed at all and is still showing as open. After struggling to get any details from BT on what the fault is or when it will be fixed I contacted BT by live chat and was told that the fault was due to be fixed by the 18th, I don't know how true this is though? Yesterday I  emailed a complaint about the service i've received so i'm just waiting to see what they come back with it's so frustrating as technical support are less than useless and you just can't get a straight answer from BT they're being very cagey about keeping their customers informed.

Aspiring Expert
MeanMint

What exchange are you both on. I had problems relating to a line issue on the Milton Keynes Exchange (SMBT at Fenny Stratford) all last week but this has been resolved now.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
Distinguished Expert
pippincp

I've asked if a mod can find out what is happening. Hopefully they'll be along soon with some info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cabinet comissioning process.

Get your IP Profile by running this speedtest (then Further Diagnostics) .

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/2640296][img]htt//valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2640296.png[/img][/url]

Get your IP Profile by running this speedtest (then Further Diagnostics) speedtest.

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/2640296][img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2640296.png[/img][/url]
dahorn

Thanks for the reply Chrisy76, while it is still not ideal we have no connection i'm glad this comfirms the issue is not with my eqipment or internal wiring like bt have been insisting (even though i already pretty much knew this anyway).

I find it very strange that the issue is marked as resolved and there has been no further updates, when clearly the problem remains.

Is it possible for a moderator to get in contact with the appropriate department and give us an update for the service issues in our area? 

Again thankyou.

dahorn

What exchange are you both on. I had problems relating to a line issue on the Milton Keynes Exchange (SMBT at Fenny Stratford) all last week but this has been resolved now.

I am in far bletchley soI believe i am on the fenny stratford exchange, however i could be wrong. Is there an easy way to check?

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Run this and it will show your exchange and cabinet at the top

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
dahorn

Thanks for the link gg30340.

Telephone Number (removed) on Exchange MILTON KEYNES is served by Cabinet 32

Community Manager
StephanieG

Hi dahorn & Chrissy76,

If you're still having connection problems please send us your details and we'll get back to you.

You can find our contact link by clicking on my username. You'll need to be logged in to see my "About me" section.

Thanks,

Stephanie
BTCare Community Manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
dahorn

I have conacted you as requested StephanieG, any idea on how long it will take to get back to me? i don't realy fancy waiting 5-6 days for an email that will likely contain basic troubleshooting instuctions and not adress the real issue we have in my area. (appoligies if this is not your intention, but i have had days of contact with useless bt support staff)

As a small update to the service status page at 12:39 a new fault for milton keynes broadband (not infinity) was listed for area code 01525. This is not my service or my area code but at least it idicates there are still problems at the milton keynes exchange. 

It would be great to at least have an acknowledgment from BT that they are aware the attempted repairs to inifity connections in milton keynes yesterday have not worked.