Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Re: BT throttling P2P (Big time)

It is quite annoying how bad they are throttled.
Contributor

i think i read between midnight and either 6am or 8am its not throttled . as someone said i just leave u torrent on and get it to turn off when done !

Expert

The OP wrote:

"I'm still within my 28 day trial period (or whatever they call it) so looks like ill be going back to the old connection, which im afraid is much faster than BT's 'Superfast' connection."

Unfortunately it will not be that easy as your contract with BT started when they installed your BB.

And there is no trial period.

The 10 days settling in period means your line quality,not your contract opt out period.

Aspiring Contributor

It's an odd complaint to have over days.

The hours that are throttled are 4pm-12am weekdays and 9am-12am on weekends.  uTorrent even has scheduler built in if you want to ensure it is downloaded and then stopped at a certain time.  It is quite possible to download 2-3Gb an hour off-peak.  Obviously if you want something right now and it is peak time then you'll not be able to, but if that's not the case then why would you want to change back?

Aspiring Contributor

P2P is used mainly to get software for free, so just put your hand in your pocket and pay for a service that is not throttled.

Contributor

I don't see a problem with the throttling. BT clearly say that there is throttling in peak times, which is understandable, but no throttling during the day and after midnight. It's easy enough to set the torrent downloader to download and turn off automatically so what's the problem ?

Contributor

Works ok for me in and out of peak times, its probably that way you have everything setup.  Down to your software client, firewall settings and encryptions.  Works great and chuffed with it!

Contributor

Ways around it are seedboxes it does the uploading and downloadign for you 24/7 and you just downlaod the files via FTP clients but its more expense.

Aspiring Contributor

Except they turn it on early- last few weeks they turn it on atleast 3-4 hours before the scheduled time - its **bleep** me off to the point i am blocking the direct debit and actually cancelling my bank account to prevent them trying anything funny- screw BT - going back to virgin media -atleast their throttling times where consistent and they turned it on at the right times- not like scheming BT!

Guru

Enjoy.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’