Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Re: BT throttling P2P (Big time)

Seems a bit drastic....and possibly illegal as you entered into a contract with BT.
Distinguished Sage

no point in explaining to some people if you break a contract then you have to pay all that will happen is debt collectors will become involved with extra costs
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor

Well you will see the bailiffs or court for you. Unlucky

Aspiring Contributor

Just sign up for a VPN and get almost full speed torrents all the time and stop complaining.
Expert

Another option is my D-link NAS enclosure have a p2p clinet in it so you acts as a seedbox, and that only costs £40 plus the cost of a hard drive.

Guru

Or find another way of getting content.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor

Does this also affect Steam downloads? Because iirc that was peer-to-peer and also Skype.

Contributor

No, Steam is not P2P

Expert

Steam is direct off their servers, I can max out their downloads 24/7 at 4.5 MB/sec

Aspiring Contributor

Yes, in the green frog times though they actually denied they werer doing it. Point blank denials. The CS person i spoke to showing them absolute and utter proof that throttling was happening on specific ports said i didnt understand and BT wasnt throttling.

That was about ten years ago. I have not had BT as a ISP since then. I dont like been lied to and then insulted. Plenty of other businesses out there want my custom.