Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

BT timelines

Hi,

I ordered BT Infinity on the 15th of November, and for obvious reasons I was advised that my line had to be moved back to BT.  So my cutover date for the line has been set for the 3rd of December.

Based on this cutover date, how long will it take BT to enable/configure Infinity and install the relevant hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Distinguished Sage

Re: BT timelines

you should have been given an install date when you placed the order

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Guru

When I had Infiniy installed last year I was given an install date. (I was with VM) The engineer turned up, installed the BT phone line, ported my phone number from VM and had Infinity up and running before he left.

Distinguished Sage

totally agree with your comments pippincp the install date should have been given when the product was ordered something not quite right with that order

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Aspiring Contributor

Thanks for the replys...

Here is the email from BT.

Next steps - bringing your line back to BT

• In the next 2 working days we'll place an order to bring back your telephone line to BT, which will be an order for a line with relevant calling plan
  • You will not experience a break in your current broadband service, and you will receive an order confirmation for the telephone line order
  • BT will then contact your current line provider and make the arrangements to transfer your current telephone number back to BT – this typically takes 13 working days
  • Remember until we provide you with Infinity superfast broadband you will only be charged and billed for the line and calls element of your service, after which you will be moved to the package option you have chosen
  • Track your telephone line order at www.bt.com/ordertracking or call 0800 731 0286

Next steps - providing superfast BT Infinity

• Once your telephone line is back with BT, we'll contact you and place your order for BT Infinity, before arranging a date for your engineer installation
  • We will provide you with your speed estimate for BT Infinity when contacting you to place your order
  • So that you have no break in service, we'll need to contact you to get your MAC code from your current broadband supplier so please have this ready in advance
  • We'll then send you a separate letter confirming your new BT Infinity order details

So it sounds like the Infinity order will only be placed on the 3rd of December.

Maybe I should just give them a call.

Thanks

Distinguished Sage

yes that is correct you can order after your line has moved to BT typical infinity install dates are between 2/4 weeks from order depending on engineer availability

Try a Search
Aspiring Contributor

Got another question about this process.

So, my line goes back to BT on Monday.  How does my BB stay active?  I currently use my Orange username/password on my router.  Do BT send me a new username/password or any new hardware?  I can't see it working with my Orange credentials....

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

if you have ordered broadband from BT then you should receive a new BT Home hub and all you should need to do is plug it in and use it no settings are needed you should also have set up your BT email address and password when you placed the order for broadband  and the engineer when he comes to install infinity will bring the Infinity modem with him and set every thing up for you 

Try a Search
Distinguished Sage

your orange broadband should continue working until its cancellation date which you would have arranged with orange

Try a Search
Aspiring Contributor

Ok thanks.  I haven't received anything yet.  Fingers crossed something arrives Monday, either by email (so I can update my username/password) or I relieve something in the mail!