Aspiring Contributor
ksennitt

Re: BTInfinity customers problem

When i had some problems i was told i would get call backs, guess what they never happened

BT support is pretty poor in my experience
Beginner
biffab

I have the same issue with BT Infinity and Home Hub 5. I have noticed when I try to access Uplay I get the following in the event log. Hope this helps.

16:27:06, 23 Jan.IN: BLOCK [9] Packet invalid in connection (TCP 199.16.156.6:443->86.156.202.5:58085 on ppp3)
16:27:06, 23 Jan.(19071.550000) Admin login successful by 192.168.1.64 on HTTP
16:26:27, 23 Jan.OUT: BLOCK [9] Packet invalid in connection (TCP 192.168.1.64:58065->199.7.48.72:80 on ppp3)
16:25:36, 23 Jan.IN: BLOCK [9] Packet invalid in connection (TCP 199.16.156.6:443->86.156.202.5:58029 on ppp3)
Contributor
KevinPedrick

BT support wanted me to believe that Uplay didn't work for anyone, BT customer or not. He just didn't want to accept that I could access the service from work and via my moby's cellular data.

Been well over 24 hours now since Ubi responded to my support ticket.

An acknowledgement of the issue and a statement that BT are working on it, either with or without Ubi's help, would be a long overdue good start to re-assuring customers that something is being done. Very disappointed.

Aspiring Contributor
HeadOpener

I agree a BT statement actually acknowledging that there is a problem that is not just that no one can access the website/uplay when my phone, my neighbour on a different provider and many others can that are not BT customers. It is only BT customers that cannot access this!
Aspiring Contributor
tankbo

I've just had a chat with BT support and been told that they cannot help as my broadband is working (I can visit other sites).  

I was told to try the BT Tech Experts (a paid for service).

Does anyone have a subscription with them, could you get them to look into it.

This is getting ridiculous, it is blatently obvious that there is either a firewall or a routing problem going on my guess is routing: either BT is trying to connect to uplay via the wrong route or the return traffic is comming back via a different route.

ChristopherP

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback on this and sorry for all problems you guys are facing.

We have been working with our peering team on this issue and are pretty sure that this is not down to a BT network issue. Investigations are ongoing but to aid in this I am hoping for some additional info from 2 of you guys.

Can I ask ksennitt and HeadOpener to drop me a Private message. All I need is your current IP address and a trace route showing the problem. As soon as I have this I will pass on the details to the peering team.

Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Contributor
KevinPedrick

Many thanks ChristopherP, that feels like progress.

I was also advised to phone the premium tech support line. Quite an unreasonable response!

Aspiring Contributor
HeadOpener

ChristopherP wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback on this and sorry for all problems you guys are facing.

We have been working with our peering team on this issue and are pretty sure that this is not down to a BT network issue. Investigations are ongoing but to aid in this I am hoping for some additional info from 2 of you guys.

Can I ask ksennitt and HeadOpener to drop me a Private message. All I need is your current IP address and a trace route showing the problem. As soon as I have this I will pass on the details to the peering team.

Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team

PM sent with ip and tracert info, thanks for finally someone agreeing to actually look at this.

This is the same that happened 3 months ago what we need is a permanent fix for this. I have lost my daily log in bonuses to my UBIsoft sub games etc. Not a happy camper >_<

The 0800 team initally told me the website was down so I pointed out I could surf it on my phone, they then also suggested a paid for service to me until I highlighted it was all BT customers not just me and could they access the website themselves at which point he realised and passed it on for my supposed call back for saturday....

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

I'd be interested in seeing a tracert from a working system
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Aspiring Contributor
HeadOpener

Latest from the UBIsoft forums over here 

"Identifying the root cause of the issue and resolving it is the key short term goal. Once that is done, the cause of the issue (be it something on BT Infinity's side or Ubisoft's side) can be addressed and hopefully safeguards can be put in place to stop it happening again in the future.

If the issue is on Ubisoft's side, then we will of course do all we can to stop it from happening again in the future. If the root of the issue lies with BT Infinity, then there are limits on what we can do to stop future occurrences of the issue, but we will work to identify the options available to us.

We fully understand that losing access to your games, especially through no fault of your own, is no fun, and our support team is working to get you access to your games again."