Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Expert

Bedford date put back yet again....................

Bedford Infinity was supposed to be March 2011, then moved to June, then to September............................

Just checked today and now gone to Dec 2011, are BT having a laugh or what?

Really getting fed up waiting now, why not just put the REAL dates up to start with?

Not impressed at all BT

Distinguished Sage

Re: Bedford date put back yet again....................

Hi The infinity upgrade work is done by OPENREACH not BTRetail your supplier and all installations are very clearly quoted as estimates there are many reasons work can be delayed BT Retail can only quote the time they are given by OPENREACH and as this is a nationwide project unfortunately delays can happen
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its the same here in MK - i'm connected to the Shenley Church end exchange - i live on Shenley church end, BT states on the Infinity availability checked that Shenley chruch end is infinity enable, BT openreach states it is enabled and we should be able to order BT inifinity - but yet again the date has changed. Last yeat at this time it said Inifinity would be available by 31/12/10, this then changed to 31/03/11, then it changed to 30/09/11 and last night it changed to 31/12/11 - here's a question for BT - WHY THE H E L L  IS THIS HAPPENING GIVE US AN ANSWER ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON

Aspiring Expert

The easiest way to get an estimate is to try and find your local cabinet. Sit next to it and watch what activity happens to it.

As an example, I am connected to the Milton Keynes exchange in Fenny Stratford, but live in Newton Longiville some 5Km from the exchange. Dates came and went for activation until in Nov 10 Open reach started work installing the new cabinets next to the old ones. My cabinate was lucky enough to be upgraded. Only one of two that were.

The dates continued to move around, and activity continued on the cabinets. When power was then connected we got an activation date of end of April 11 and and install date of 12th May.

So from when the first lot of work started it took 6mths before activation.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
Aspiring Expert

Cabinet was replaced months ago........just wish we were cabled for Virgin in our street, would have been sorted a long time ago.

I see we have a poster who must work for BT as an 'Excuse Manager' :smileywink:

I'm fully aware of BT, BT wholesale etc, ever heard of a generic term....:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Sage

HI
Christine if your comment about a BT employee was aimed at me then NO I am a customer like every other poster here the only BT employees here are the forum moderators
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Hello,

I live on a new housing estate in Bedford where we sadly have no Virgin media cable...many of us here have pushed Virgin however the 3 housebuilders on site will not entertain the installation.

We have only BT with a typical internet speed of 1.5meg which is very frustrating.

Today I have spoken to BT to enquire when my area will have BT Infinity enabled as some friends elsewhere in the town have had notification that the service will be available shortly to them. Because I migrated my BT number to SKY to get equally slow but much cheaper broadband BT will not even talk to me about the line speeds and potential upgrades.

I'm wondering how they expect to win me back with faster broadband speeds if they are unwilling to talk to me about what is available.

Grrr.

I live in Bromham, near Bedford, and get a BT line from the Oakley (SMOA) Exchange.

I have searched the net to find out when the Oakley exchange will be enabled for BT Infinity - nothing found ?

Does anyone in the Bedford or Milton Keynes area know the Oakley Exchange (Bedfordshire) will get BT Infinity ???

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

The roll out is carried out by Openreach on behalf of BT Retail and all other ISP'S supplying the fibre to cabinet product only Openreach know when an exchange is going to be activated they then notify all suppliers and then you can place your order currently the exchange is not planned 

Thanks - please ’Mark as Accepted Solution’