yegrinna

Broadband Connection flashing orange, then orange, now no light and not working...............

Ok so here's what has happened so far.

First off the broadband light on the BT Infinity Hub would turn orange or start flashing orange, sure this was fixed by resetting the hub and the Openreach Fibre Modem, but this was only the beginning.

Later the orange/flashing orange light would appear every now and then and I would have to keep resetting both the Hub and the Modem.

Then, a few days ago, the broadband light on the BT Infinity Hub has turned off as well as the DSL and LAN1 lights on the Modem. I phoned 08001114567, I had also previously phone the other 0800 number and the 0330 number (can't remember them and can't find them since I'm currently at work), and the person on the other end didn't know what was wrong so he said he would try to find out then would call me back. He did, and turns out it wasn't anything wrong on his end and there didn't seem to be anything wrong on my end (not broken wires, bad wire connections, or broken hub/modem). So he said he would send out a technician to find out what was wrong.

The Technician came yesterday and said there was nothing wrong with my hub or modem or phone line. He went outside to check the exchange in the green box down the road. He came back and said that he told BT to fix my connection to the exchange or something (this last part is second hand knowledge coming from my mom who was the only one at home at the time) and then left. Later that night the connection came back and was working again for a while then the broadband light went orange and I had to reset the box and it was fine the rest of the night.

I woke up this morning went into the living room to check on the hub and modem. The broad band light was orange again, I tried to reset the box and then the broadband light stayed off and so did the DSL and LAN1 lights on the modem. So I phoned BT and they said the same thing as last time (they would check and get back to me) even thought this is now and 'open case'. My mom took the reply from BT earlier while I was here at work.

Now, whether they are able to properly fix this or not I don't know yet but this is just ridiculous. There has to to more that BT can do to help me than basically just passing the problem onto someone else. I spend a lot of my time on my PC at home and not having access to the Internet which I'm paying for is just **bleep**ing ridiculous(pardon my language).

Oh and if you are going to reply please don't give me the whole 'We are doing what we can sir' 'Please be patient sir' 'This doesn't happen often sir' 'It won't happen again sir' 'Being rude won't make this go any faster sir', I've heard it all before and those idiots were just procrastinating and just being generally unhelpful. All I want is a straight answer: 'This is what's wrong' and 'This is how we are going to fix it for you' and then a simple 'Sorry for the inconvenience we'll make sure this doesn't happen again'.

thanks,

Alex

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Broadband Connection flashing orange, then orange, now no light and not working...............

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT. The only BT employees on this forum are the forum moderators.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.