Contributor
Mackson

Bt Openreach Cabinet Checker

Hi, 

its been posted on here and other sites that openreach will be providing cabinet level information on a website from 29th August.  

Has this website been launched yet and if so where can i find it?

Sage
john46

Re: Bt Openreach Cabinet Checker

It was said last I saw it wil be September but no set date as to it's location I would expect it to be on the Openreach availability site
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor
Mackson

While im waiting for this site to be launched, can anyone give me any upto date information on my cabinet.

DH89QX Cabinet P36.

It appears that my cabinet is the only one in the area that hasnt been upgraded?

Expert
DeanM

The page is http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/, however cabinet/postcode info is being uploaded on a staggered basis so it might be a few weeks until information is available for your particular area.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner
ahackett

As per usual with BT the information being provided is not correct!  The details on the http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ page continues to be at the exchange level and not at the cabinet level as implied.

Add to this just yesterday I finally received the email saying "

Superfast Fibre Broadband Update: Your local exchange has been added to our rollout plans".  The exchange was upgraded more than 6 months ago however as one has come to expect a number of the cabinets have not been upgraded.

Why can't BT just come clean on this!  

Last rant - stop calling me asking me to move to BT when you can't even provide the service!

Sage
john46

[ Edited ]

If your cabinet details are not shown there could be several reasons 1 your cabinet is already active
2 your cabinet has not yet been upgraded and not currently planned
3if when entering your postcode you see a yellow pin then click on it and it will show any delays

Also you say why don't BT come clean it is not BT retail thatt is carrying out the fibre rollout it is Openreach who are carrying it out on behalf of all communications providers including BT retail

Openreach operates as an independent operation under rules laid down by OFCOM

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Beginner
ahackett

is that your answer?  Why am I not surprised.  As per usaul you haven't provided any useful information or responded to the issue raised.

so let's answer your insightful points!

1 your cabinet is already active 

If this was true surely i would be able to get the high speed Infinity packages???

2 your cabinet has not yet been upgraded and not currently planned 

Wow! as if i didn't already know this.  Why would I be looking for this information if it had???

3if when entering your postcode you see a yellow pin then click on it and it will show any delays

Just been on the site again and the key (on the right hand side of the map) clearly states:

Green - Accepting orders (this realtes to the exchange only and does not relate any cabinet information - which is what this thread is all about).  FYI - the exhange has been upgraded as per my original post.

Orange - Coming soon

Purple - Future exchanges

Grey - Not currently planned

I don't see any yellow oins or otherwise.  

finally, isn't Openreach a BT company.  Yes, I know they operate independantly however they do seem to hold to the same quality of service for customers!

Sarcasim aside I apprecaite I will not have endeared myself to you or your colleagues however useful information would be greatly appreciated.  At the end of the day I am a customer who is quite literally begging for the service.

:smileysad:

Sage
john46

[ Edited ]

the yellow pin will only appear on the map if there is any known information about the street cabinet that relates to the post code entered try entering this post code as an example CT9 5AX and you will then see the pin and when clicked on will show any current information on it

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

Guru
ryant704

The mod answered your question so I suggest you re-read his reply.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Beginner
nmg196

But the moderator john46's post  still only gives exchange level information (including his CT9 5AX postcode example). Unless I'm missing something, the moderator seems to be confused about the difference between a cabinet and an exchange, or he's somehow seeing something different on the website to what we're seeing. The yellow marker for CT9 5AX clearly shows that the marker represents an Exchange not a cabinet. If cabinets were shown on the map, there would be several hundred times more markers on the map than what we're seeing.

It's really not useful to to put your own postcode in and see a nice green Accepting Orders marker right on my business address, yet when you actually try and order from any provider, they just say my cabinet hasn't been enabled and there's no information on BT of an ETA or even whether the cabinet planned or not. Without this information, I don't know whether I should wait a few months for BT to enable my cabinet, or switch providers.