peazz

Bt infinity coverage...

Hi there,

BT infinity was rolled out in my area over a year ago now, and i have religouslly checked to see if i can get it. but a year later still nothing. we have the most terrible ADSL speeds are under 1mb/s and latency high in the 400's we have tried many different adsl providers but all are the same. slow speed and high latency, pretty useless to catch up on tv and play games with fast reactions.

is there any plans at all to get exchanges in CM15 8SD enabled anytime soon? id pay double the installation fee to get it installed! this adsl is soooo frustrating :smileysad:

if anyone can help would be great!

andy

Expert
seab20

Re: Bt infinity coverage...

Your on the brentwood exchange and it is already upgraded, your cabinet however is not, or if it is you are too far away to get the service, as your road has only a few houses and your speed is already very poor your probably connected to a cabinet in a more built up area which is quite far away. Either way it doesnt look like you will be getting anything anytime soon

Guru
Devon_Dave

Hi and welcome

It may well be that your local cabinet (green box at side of road) where your local line is fed from may not get enabled for Infinity.

I have read that not all cabs in an exchange area are enabled, I am sure there could be many reasons for this.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
peazz

well, we live on a very long road and theres quite a few houses. we have a mcdonalds next door to us, and anytime we use there internet it triples our speeds. somethings not quite right

Expert
seab20

Well i would guess that your connected to Shenfield which is around 2km away, when i had adsl i got 3mbps and i am only around 500m away, the mcd's at the bp garage will probably be using adsl2 but you wont be offered that as standard as most providers dont see it as being worth it on your connection

Expert
Infinitechris

Peazz have you already done it can you check the main BT linme checker at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and tell us the result please?

Expert
seab20

I have now checked the database and your cabinet has no plans for an upgrade, most of brentwood was done ages ago, but they are not upgrading your postcode area

Guru
toekneem

CM15 covers I believe the Kelvedon Hatch area of Brentwood.

Brentwood covers a large area and I would not go so far as to say MOST of Brentwood has been done. More likely the MAJORITY of the Brentwood area has not been covered by FTTC.

My brother lives in CM15 and his exchange at Coxtie Green(Brentwood) has not been done and there are NO plans to do so at this time.

They are still one of the exchanges that is not 21cn enabled:

ADSL status:ADSL Max status:smileyfrustrated:DSL status:21CN WBC status:FTTC status:

Enabled as of 19/11/2003
Enabled as of 31/03/2006
Not available
Not available
Not available

Yes Brentwood town area have had FTTC for well over a year (maybe something to do with the massive BT offices there:smileymad::smileymad::smileymad:) but the outlying areas are stuck on slow speeds .

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

Expert
seab20

I have checked his postcode and there are no plans at all to upgrade his cabinet, but a lot of other areas have already been or are planned to be upgraded. The person in question is in the worst possible place in between the Brentwood and Ingatestone exchange, he is around the same distance from Coxtie Green as Brentwood. I know that the exchanges surrounding Brentwood including the two I mentioned are not activated but i was referring to the actual Brentwood exchange which he is connected to and is activated. His cabinet however is not which is most likely because he is at the end of the Brentwood area and it’s not economical for BT to lay cable for the small amount of houses

Beginner
marcinxxl

[ Edited ]

hi , it is all about money :smileysad: no business for BT so they decided not to upgrade your green box , the same here Hounslow , london , green box 82 :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: