Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I get Infinity in my area????

I am moving 0.5 miles up the road but am informed by BT that I cannot get Infinity at the new address. 

According to BT Wholesale ADSL checker, "Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012." 

I get the same information from SamKnows.com

According to FTTC Check

Cabinet Probability Uplift Phase Status Type

P1293%3.739bPart of deploymentFTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)
N/A6%  Not part of a phaseDirectly connected to exchange. FTTC is not supported.

What does all this mean? My interpretation is that Infinity reaching the area is imminent. If so, why are the home move people at the call centre unable to give me any information on this?

Oh, and why is it taking > 4weeks to get an engineer out?

All and any responses appreciated

Distinguished Sage

Re: Can I get Infinity in my area????

Te call centres cannot give a date until Openreach update the checker to say your cabinet is live the cabinet check just show that 93% of your post code are connected to that cabinet and 6% are connected directly to the exchange and therefore cannot have Fibre to Cabinet
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Thanks for the response. The house is not yet connected to BT. As such, can I request to be connected to the FTTC cabinet, P12?

Thanks
Expert

'can I request to be connected to the FTTC cabinet, P12?'

In a word, No. The Distribution Point, aka the black box on top of the pole or underground chamber will route back to a specific cabinet. If it routes back to PCP 12 in your case then your in luck. Lets say its connected to PCP 11 though your out of luck because the only way to get a line to PCP 12 would be for Openreach to come out and pull through and install new D-Side cables from PCP 12 to the Distribution Point that connects a line to your house.

Distinguished Sage

No you will be connected to a cabinet nearest to your home it is not possible to select cabinets as they are owned and operated by Openreach an BT like all other providers are just customers of Openreach
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’