Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Cannot order fibre

[ Edited ]

long story, i am so sorry

tried to order a new line for my reasonably rural New build property in march (which i had already put cable in for and had my contractor do 99% of the work) and order Fibre broadband at same time. I got told to order new line and normal broadband then apply for Fibre.

took BT broadand / BT openreach over 3 months banging my head against a wall speaking to "Non-UK" based call centre workers who couldnt make our a word of my accent or give me and valid reason why it was taking so long to do a 30/60 minute job. After lots of shouting and swearing, stress, hours wasted, complaints emails, telephone calls we finally got UK based BT connection team (who i could never call directly) within a few slow weeks these guys managed to connect the line and get Normal slow broadband installed.

a week or two ago I have been told by some BT account manager in Aberdeen that i cannot get fibre there is nothing i can do (also gave us an absolute joke of an amount in a credit for all the hassle)

it wont be great fibre speeds but a lot better than "normal" broadband. I believe its copper till it hits the cabinet less than half a mile down the road - then it should be Fibre from there onwards.

My 3 other neighbours have fibre get around 20/25 meg download speed with a healthy upload speed. All their cables go into same BT junction box at the end of our road.

I have since been in touch with a friend of a friend who is a local BT Openreach engineer and has told me the following:

There is no reason you cannot get Fibre on that line, we have checked through the PCP and there is space in the DSLAM.

When i do the BT openreach Fibre Checker i get "Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. This might be because the length of the line is too long to get superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options" - i wont be holding my breath, this is rubbish.

i am DREADING ringing a BT Sales team and trying to explain all this, can anyone help?

Regards,

Russell B

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: Cannot order fibre

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

SCREENSHOT 01.jpg

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

That is the checker all ISP's use for ordering and as you can see there is no fibre service available

How long has your phone line been activated

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Thank you for the replies btw!

but my neighbours all have it? the exchange was only upgraded in last 3/4 years to fibre?

and i have had a BT engineer in the exchange tell me there is no reason why my telephone line cannot recieve fibre?

if i recall correctly its been over two weeks since we have had normal slow Broadband working, i had the phone call from the Aberdeen Based BT manager on the 02/06/17 - thats when he told me i could NOT receive Fibre initially.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

can anyone else help?
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

after complaining and many hours wasted, i now have 30meg fibre

yet to be told what the problem was

Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

Was it a new line?

Likely just a database updated that sorted it
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’