Contributor
lee_fife2005

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

Thanks for the advice, may have to give that a try. :smileyhappy:
Expert
Sylver123

[ Edited ]

They will most likely upgrade the cabinets closest to the exchange that has a lot of

lines attached to them first and they will go live when the exchange dose.

Then they will work there way further from the exchange.

I live in Easthouses, Midlothian which is a bit away from the exchange. I personally cannot

see my cabinet getting upgraded in time for the exchange going live.

Most of us will evenchelly get upgraded, but for now, those that live further away from the

exchange, it will most likely be a waiting game and depending on how much lines are attached

to your cabinet and if they can get the planning permissions etc.

I really hope fiber optic, BT Infinity reaches where I live soon, this year or next and most of all, my

cabinet gets upgraded instead of being left out when they do start upgrading up here.

100% of lines in my postcode are also attached to my cabinet which is cabinet P4.

I get around about 5.5 MB from ADSL2 and BT Infinity would make a big difference.

Sage
imjolly

from the list of cabinets to get infinity they all started EH22.  I'm not saying all those with EH22 are getting upgraded just the ones scheduled at this time are EH22

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Expert
dazza616

When I drove past this morning I spotted an Open Reach van and a hole beside the cabinet which is on the corner of Burnbrae Road and the B6392.  This cabinet will serve a lot of the new Hopefield development in Bonnyrigg.  Hopefully a new cabinet will appear soon.  This cabinet definitely had a freshly painted white number (49 I think) which was soon followed by a sticker.

Has anyone seen any cabinets being upgraded which didn't have any freshly painted numbers on them?   

I'll have a wee wander round Bonnyrigg later this week to see if any other cabinets are showing signs of being upgraded.  Given this cabinet is quite far from the exchange I would have expected to have seen much more activity closer to the exchange unless of course they're not touching most of the bonnyrigg cabinets in this phase.

When checking the PCP to Post Code report remember that the latest report available is December 2011 so the info is way out of date.  Openreach no longer publish this report for public viewing so I'm guessing the reports we're seeing have been leaked.  Given there was an April 2011 report I would expect there to be an April 2012 report but there are no guarantees.

On the subject of planning application for cabinets then see Q100 on the following link.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/frequentlyaskedquestions/viewAllFaqs.do?data=2nJ...

Sage
imjolly

I hope you are right but the dec 2012 pcp to postcode I saw showed only EH22

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
Sylver123

[ Edited ]

According to a BT engineer, my E pair that I am connected to, that`s the cable i'm on from the exchange

to the cabinet, he recorded speeds of 7.1 MB when testing with his equipment at the cabinet.

I am not sure if the equipment he used was old BT equipment that can only record speeds of ADSL Max

up to 8MB or can test ADSL2 and ADSL2+ speeds too.

Like I said above, I get around about 5.5 MB out of that because of the cable length from the cabinet to

my home and line quality etc.

Aspiring Expert
dazza616

Sorry earlier post about cabinet 49 being worked on not right.  When I checked later I realised that the hole was just the engineer having the covers to the duct next to the cabinet off.

Sage
imjolly

hopes dashed:smileysad:

Contributor
ThisIsMyUsername

Ha yeah they were here last week too. Sunbathing.  Drove out and they were sitting on the back of the van enjoying the sun.  Drove back a good while later and they were sitting on the back of the van sunbathing. It's a hard life being a BT engineer by the looks of things.  You have to move the van to find the sun.

Sage
imjolly

obviously ahead of schedule:smileywink:  wait a minute the original date was March 2012 maybe this explains the delay - to many sunny days in March  lol