ressot

Re: Ever-Changing BT Infinity Roll-Out Dates

[ Edited ]

Great Ashby in Stevenage is a joke when it comes to getting a decent speed! Some streets have virgin others dont. Some streets have a rollout date scheduled for BT Infinity (Dec 2011) others don’t. Unfortunately the street im on doesn't have either.. so no hope.

I was getting 2.8mb, after a bit a research I got my "ring" wire disconnected and this increased my speed up to 6.1mb.. It will have to do for now.

Guru
toekneem

Hi ressot.

Your not describing Great Ashby in Stevenage, your describing the UK

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

Aspiring Contributor
biker_rich_1971

Great Ashby has now gone from Dec 31st to

"Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet, or your individual line does not support super-fast broadband. Register your interest and we'll let you know if this changes"

What a joke....

Get your act together BT.

Rich

CP1
CP1

Has anyone had any more information about Great Ashby and a likely date? I am sick and tired of speaking to Customer Services who state they know nothing and to check the website ... how a company can operate like this is beyond me.

I have been seeing the likely dates slip back for well over a year now and I am beginning to get frustrated by my 1.0mb of broadband.

This is a new estate and this is the best they can do?

Virgin won't cable my street as it is too expensive - So I have no choice but to wait for BT ... I am beginning to think it would be quicker to move!!!
Guru
Webby

Openreach don't give information to service providers as to why there might be a delay to exchanges or individual cabinets. I suspect it's more hassle than it's worth to update the status of every cabinet on every exchange regarding delays.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
washap

any news on rollout date for runcorn wa72lw area?

i have checked the openreach site and bt but no date plan yet

Guru
Webby

The Openreach site has the most up to date information washap.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
Urbanhaze

I'm a little surprised to see so many people with the same problem of the date being pushed back again and again. To me, it seems if you advertise you're going to deliver something on a date, then fail to deliver by that date, and instead push the deadline back; there's only so many times you can do that and only so many people you can do it to before somebody suggests that it's deliberately misleading, or perhaps even false advertising. I've published a blog post about this and have asked BT Press Office if they'd like to comment: http://www.urbanhaze.com/2012/03/bt-infinity-dates-changing/ Depending on their response (or lack thereof), I may take this further, would anyone else be interested in joining in if I do?
Contributor
dazzybabe

Surprise surprise. Pushed back from March 31st to June 30th now. It's been pushed back 4 times now, each with a 3-month slot. The fibre cabinets have been installed for weeks now and still no luck. I highly doubt I'll be seeing Infinity this year to be honest. BT have a very 'dodgy' attitude that allows them to deliberately mislead the public. Several times I spoke to BT 'professionals' who stated and confirmed each time that it would definately be active come March 31st. Pathetic.

Contributor
dazzybabe

I owe BT an apology. Last night the availability status was changed (see above) to June 30th 2012. I checked this morning (March 21st 2012) and it says that it's available NOW. I tried to order it and lo and behold, it's gone through. Finally! Yay!