Aspiring Contributor
jamielawther

HH3 Wireless N - Channel 11?

I was wondering if you all could help me, 

We got the HH3 and Infinity back in March , Everything was fine , Untill about 2 / 3 months ago when we realised that our area has become completely filled with AP's (well only around 13/14) But it's still enough to cause problems for us.

As most routers in the area are used by complete and utter idiots, they install the router, and leave it. Then they all crowd onto one channel and I can change it to a channel under 11 (HH3 seems to love channel 11) and not have any problems at all, then overnight, the other AP's change to other channels (Don't know why, but it's annoying.) And the HH3 reverts to 11 after being forced to changing to another channel. 

Any device on Wireless G works brilliantly on channel 11, But it seems to be Wireless N devices that cut out when it goes to Channel 11, Even my Galaxy Ace, 2 Days old cuts out too! (wireless n) There are 3 other Wireless N Capable devices in the house (iPod Touch 4, Xperia X8 (Modded for N) and Advent Milano netbook.) These all can find the HH3 on Channel 11 , but cannot connect at all. To get it working we need to restart the HH3 then change to another channel. 

In the screenshot below, You will see that my network is in Green. and is currently at Channel 4 (Not for long). The other networks in the graph are really dense? (LOL) The others at 11 are constantly there, Never change, The Belkin ALWAYS changes channel, The other homehubs change alot too. The main offender seems to be the TalkTalk with dual channels. It stays there all the time. And when the HH3 tries other channels like 1, we can't use the internet at all. way too slow. inssider.PNG

Aspiring Contributor
jamielawther

Re: HH3 Wireless N - Channel 11?

Part 2-

What channel should I use and how can I keep the HH3 from changing to Channel 11! It's just reverted to 11 now, And the N devices are disconnected. Channel 6 + 9 are NOT suitable as there are two other routers which dominate them, Liveboxes. They are both off as the two households are away on holiday..
Aspiring Expert
iPHAILZ

I don't use the HH3 anymore but isn't it just a simple case of switching "smart wireless" (think it's called that) off in the HH3 setting and set your channel to one that's not being used?

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
Aspiring Contributor
jamielawther

It is indeed. But BT's Software Developers obviously think not. If *Smart Wireless* is off , And set to a relatively non overlapped channel it decides 'OH, I should switch Smart Wireless on again!' and reallocates itself to Channel 11. REALLY ANNOYING. GET IT SORTED BT. I've tried Factory Resets, restarts, leaving it off for a week, (whilst on holiday of course :smileyvery-happy:) and nothing. Always roams on back to Channel 11. It happened about 5 minutes ago actually. And stopped my download of iOS 5 Beta 4. From RapidShare of all companies. UGH!