Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

Infinity v Total Broadband Option 3

Hi,

I currently have BT Infinity (17Mb/1Mb) installed but when I tried to upgrade to Infinity 2, I get a message indicating that an upgrade isn't possible.

If I perform the 'Can I get Infinity' check, I am told that the best that I can get is Faster Total Broadband up to 12Mb.

Could somebody please tell me what the difference is between faster total broadband and Infinity, because when the BT Engineer was installing it, he said it was Infinity and he's installed Infinity kit.

Thanks 

Guru

Re: Infinity v Total Broadband Option 3

[ Edited ]

Faster Total Broadband option 3 is for people who would receive less than 15MB from Infinity, considering that your on 17/1MB im guessing this is a good thing. Infinity 2, based on your current download speeds i wouldn't bother, since it using higher frequencies and over a long line from the cabinet like yours, wouldn't be a good idea.

I reckon you should stay put, even people who have had higher estimates have had issues.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Aspiring Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply.

That's answered my question.

evp

On Tuesday 17 April engineer installed BT Infinity for 12PM connection lost at 3 PM have been in touch with helpdesk in India every day & still no connection .

I need to know when my connection will be up & running & why the delay. HELP !!!!!

14 Days no internet & still counting.

How long does i

Guru

Hi evp, i would recommend you get on to the mods: http://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/26825

It does take up to 3 days to get a response from them, but they are very good at getting issues resolved.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution