Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Distinguished Sage

Re: List of Routers to replace Home Hub 3.

You may like to seek the advice of other Infinity users, but I think that some of the Netgear wireless routers have all these facilities.

There is a small list of routers here.

Replacements for BT home hub 3

The TP-Link TL-WR1043ND is a popular choice, but I don`t think it has a Guest network.

Aspiring Expert

[ Edited ]

well infinity was installed this morning everything went fine the engineer was a great chap the N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router TL-WDR3600 works like a dream realy easy to set up no problems solid connection wireless and ethernet.

wireless using 2.4 Ghz

ethernet using 2 x tplink powerline 200Mbps plugs

ethernet direct to router

Aspiring Contributor

I can second the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND, it's discussed here

Keith, the link to the replacement list is timing out at the moment.

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

jjuddgb wrote:

Keith, the link to the replacement list is timing out at the moment.

You must have an old link which was on the BT website.

This is the current one and it works here, are you accessing it from within the BT network?

Replacements for BT home hub 3

Beginner

I recently got rid of the HH3 after getting terrible wife slowdown on my iphone5 and other wireless devices and replaced it with the Apple airport extreme and everything was great for a week or so with wifi issues disappearing overnight with the HH3 discarded.

I was gonna come on this topic and recommend the airport extreme as a replacement router,however a few days ago my nexus 7 and a boxee box have started to have wifi issues like i had previously with the HH3,the speeds according to speedtest range from 1mb-3mb on the nexus and things like netflix and other streaming apps have become unwatchable on my boxee box.The strange thing is my iphone 5 is fine and my usual speeds of 20mb d/l  are the same and im having no issues at all.My pc which is a wired connection is also unaffected only these 2 devices I mentioned previously

Can anyone shed a light or have a similar experience?

Cheers

Distinguished Guru

The AirPort Extreme operates in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously, therefore I would guess the iPhone is using 5Ghz and the others are using 2.4Ghz.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert

ive been experimenting with my duel band router and find 5Ghz channel is good for close up downloading/uploading large files but at a distance it fades away and the 2.4Ghz is rock solid no matter how far you are away. 

Beginner

How does the dual band thing work? I'm sure last week the nexus was getting a strong wifi signal and now it isn't!
Aspiring Expert

your device/computer has to have a 5GHz wireless adapter. Each wireless network operates on a specific Wi-Fi channel. Channels 1-14 are in the 2.4 GHz frequency range, while channels 30-160 are in the 5 GHz range.

Beginner

Ahh makes sense now,just looked online and both boxee and nexus7 don't support 5ghz.Was thinking of flogging the nexus anyway but is no way I can get a better speed on the boxee?
Thanks for help btw