Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

My BT Home Hub 3.0 keeps losing connection to broadband.

For a while now, my Hub has been randomly disconnecting several times a day. It's getting more frequent now and is very annoying. The Broadband light on the Hub turns orange for about a minute and then reconnects.

At first, I thought it could be a wireless issue. I tried disabling wireless and using an ethernet cable for my laptop, but the same thing kept happening.

I've tried things that people have suggested online. I've done a quiet line test, which seemed to be clear. I done a quiet line test with the phone connected to the test socket, which also came up clear.

Apart from the line tests, I've tried connecting the phone through a filter. I've tried connecting both the phone and the Openreach to the test socket through a filter. I've also tried disconnecting the phone altogether. None of these things have worked.

The absolute last resort would be telephoning BT for assistance (I don't think I need to explain why).

Can anyone here help, or am I doomed to spend an eternity trying to get BT to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Distinguished Sage

Re: My BT Home Hub 3.0 keeps losing connection to broadband.

when the hub disconnects what happens to the lights on the modem do they change?

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Beginner

[ Edited ]

I haven't paid attention to the lights on the Openreach, to be honest. Next time it happens (which shouldn't be too long), I'll let you know.

Beginner

It just happened again.

The DSL and LAN1 lights were still on when the Broadband light on the Hub turned orange.

I noticed the LAN1 light does blink every so often whether the Hub is connected or not. Is that normal?

Distinguished Sage

lan light flashing is normal sounds like a possible hub fault

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Beginner

Should I tell BT I need a new Hub, or is there something I could do?

If I have to get in touch with BT about this, do you know what the relevant phone number is?

Distinguished Sage

Hi yes call the broadband help line on 08001114567 and request a replacement hub

Try a Search
Guru

Orochi_Oni wrote:

Should I tell BT I need a new Hub, or is there something I could do?

If I have to get in touch with BT about this, do you know what the relevant phone number is?

0800 111 4567

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Beginner

Thank you very much. I'll let you know how I get on. Smiley Happy

Beginner

They're sending an engineer to have a look tomorrow. Hope I don't end up paying £99...