Beginner
Toffeemrd

Netgear D6200 - Will It Work With Infinity?!

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am a novice when it comes to buying routers, so I'm after some advice. I have a BT Home Hub 4 which came with the promise of a better ranger and being more stable. Whilst speeds are still similar to my HH3 (60-65MB d/l, 10-15mb u/l), the range and stability have decreased. Many devices are dropping off (laptop and iPhone) and only a reset of the HH4 fixes it. 

I have passed the point of wanting any more assistance from BT and won't be buying their rumoured HH5, so am looking at the Netgear D6200 

My question is - will it work with the white BT openreach modem and BT Infinity?

I think it will, but its a lot of £'s when I am not 100% (clueless in other words)!

Cheers for the help and advice!

Sage
john46

Re: Netgear D6200 - Will It Work With Infinity?!

have you tried downloading inssider then run the programme to locate a clear wireless channel the select it on the HH4
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
MMR
Contributor
MMR

Hi Toffeemrd,

Please note the D6200 is an ADSL2+ modem router. FTTC would not make use of the modem as it would not be compatible with FTTC. Altough you can still use the devide as a router only. My suggestion for you and to save some cash is to get either the R6200 or the R6300 router. I use the R6300 and can confirm it does work wonderfully on FTTC.

In my house with the HH3 tested in all the various frequencies  I could not get a good signal on the upstairs and would often lose the connection on my ipad. With the R6300 It is always full connection. So I would recommend the router.

Hope this help you.

Beginner
Toffeemrd

Hi john46,

I haven't run this programme before, will give it a go this evening. I have selected different channels on my HH4, to no avail.

Beginner
Toffeemrd

Hi MMR,

Thanks for that, didn't realise that connection would make a difference. Not sure Currys do either as its listed as working with BT Infinity! Will check out the R6300. Do you have any issues in terms of devices dropping off or having to reset the router? 

This is the main issue and why I am looking to leave the HH4...

Aspiring Expert
TimCurtis

It's got an EWAN port so probably would be OK on Infinity but there's an issue with the internet channels (IPTV) - like BT Sport - where many Infinity capable routers can't handle these channels.

There's a sticky in the Youview forum that lists those so far found to work OK.

Beginner
Toffeemrd

Hi Tim,

Thanks. Get BT Sport though Sky so not too worried about that. Have changed the channel to one which is clear so will see if that sorts the issue.