Aspiring Contributor
JibJab

Only BT Wholesale speed test says 75meg

Hi,

10 days after having my infinity installed I did a speed check. It consistanly shows 20 meg download and I'm estimated to get 70. I rang BT and they asked me to check my speed on the BTWholesale site, her my speed consistantly shows as 75meg. I tried several other speed check sites and they all show 20meg download. I asked why and the guy said they must not be able to show higher so i tried the same sites on a different line, they could all show up to at least 120meg. 

I starting to feel like the Bt speed check is completely wrong. If only one other site was showing differently I could see it would be that site but ALL other checks are showing 20 or below. I've rang BT a few times and all they say is there is no problem and the line check shows 75meg and that all the other sites must not be fibre compatable, which ive checked on another line and they are accurate for higher speeds on those lines.

I'm using a wired connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I dont know where to go from here.

Thanks

Jib

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

Re: Only BT Wholesale speed test says 75meg

Have you tried this one? http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Aspiring Contributor
JibJab

that is showing similar to the others 19.16

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

Can you post the graph displayed?
--
Aspiring Contributor
JibJab

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

Yeah, that shows it's pretty much bang on 20Mbps. I could understand it if it was wireless but not wired.

Can you get hold of your IP Profile by running the speedtest at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com and doing the further diagnostics? maybe that is set to 75Mbps?
--
Aspiring Contributor
JibJab

I just tried the BT wholesale test again and it shows 76.66, i clicked further diagnostics but because on their site its showing the speed it should be it just says We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time. I just dont get why every other site shows 20 ish, I feel like the BT one is showing it wrong.

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

It should have shown you a graphic with a couple of green bars for your download and upload
--
Aspiring Contributor
JibJab

yes sorry it did

Download speedachieved during the test was - 76.5 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-77.43 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 77.43 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 15.41Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance

Distinguished Expert
pippincp

Try turning off your antivirus during testing on any other speedtest sites.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cabinet comissioning process.

Get your IP Profile by running this speedtest (then Further Diagnostics) .

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/2640296][img]htt//valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2640296.png[/img][/url]

Get your IP Profile by running this speedtest (then Further Diagnostics) speedtest.

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/2640296][img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2640296.png[/img][/url]