Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

Openreach - How I can connect my PC directly into Openreach, white color modem box?

Can you please let me know how i can connect my computer directly to white coloer modem box "Openreach"?

Thank you for your advise.

Guru

Re: Openreach - How I can connect my PC directly into Openreach, white color modem box?

Depends, which modem do you have?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Expert

Re: Openreach - How I can connect my PC directly into Openreach, white color modem box?

The basic are :

Connect your PC to the modem with an ethernet cable.

Create a PPPOE connection on your PC using the standard BT username. Password can be anything.

You are aware your PC will be 'directly' on the internet so a firewall would be useful Smiley Wink

Expert

Step 1: Remove the homehub from the modem

Step2: Connect your pc/laptop into the modem using LAN1 port (LAN2 is disabled and not in use)

Step3: Open network and sharing centre on windows and click set up a new connection or network

Step4:  Connect to the internet (the top option) then click make a new connection Broadband PPPoE

Step5:  Username Internet@btbroadband.com and the password as broadband

Step6: connect, for some reason it may say that it cannot connect, just keep pressing try again if this happens and it will eventually connect.

Aspiring Contributor

Thank you for your advise. I am now able to connect Internet through Modem, in stead of through BT Hom 3.0.

Actually, I would like to change router from BT Home Hub to Cisco, but I need to setup Cisco router through modem.

Again, thank you for your kind advise.