Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: Replacement Router - Specific requirements

[ Edited ]

Not sure about the wireless dropping, it seems fine on my Samsung Galaxy SII but as far as port forwarding is concerned do you by any chance have a HH3 Type A?

I ask as I had to get replaced the original Type A I was sent with a HH3 Type B as port forwarding doesn't work on the Type A, it's fine on the Type B.

Speak to someone in tech support and explain you need port forwarding and specifically ask for a Type B, worth a try and will be the only free option.

If you already have a Type B then I'm not sure.

Contributor

Hi

My S3 has a static IP Address and DHCP is disabled on the HH3, so I don't think that is the issue.

Any recommendations for a £50.00 replacement for the HH3 ? VPN termination would be nice, but not vital !

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

How about the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND, its in use by other people, costs about £38.

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

Contributor

Thanks Keith, that looks like a good option !

Do you know of any others that do VPN termination ?

thanks Smiley Very Happy

Distinguished Sage

There is a small list here, recommended by other users, which is where my recommendation comes from.

There is also a link to the main thread on that page.

Replacements for BT home hub 3

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

Expert

The TP-Link Keith mentioned can run OpenWRT so should be able to be a VPN endpoint such as OpenVPN.

Contributor

Thanks, I'd spotted that last night and forgot to update my post.

I've upgraded my S3 to 4.1.2 today and the wireless seems a lot more stable, not noticed the drop outs.

Now if I could get the port forwarding working on the HH3 then this would be solved.

I'll have another look at the TP-Link Smiley Very Happy