Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Sam Knows says infinity now in poplar exchange.... lol

ok so samknows.com says bt infinity is available in the exchange. but the BT website says no. why does this discrepancy exist? doesn't samknows.com get its info from bt wholesale?

going to phone bt tomorrow and check. 

Aspiring Expert

Re: Sam Knows says infinity now in poplar exchange.... lol

Its the same with Kingsland Green exchnage.
the exchange is enabled, it sits right on the border of east and north london, however the east side of the exchange has not been touched by BT and the north side is riddled with FTTC cabnets. Unfort im on the east side. Your probally in the same situation as me... Any green cabnets anywhere near you?
I try my phone number shows unavailable i tried a random address on the road where 1 of the cabnet is says estimate 40mbps download 11.5mbps upload available. So looks like i wont be getting infinity. :smileysad:

Poplar exchange has been upgraded for BT Infinity (although not all of the area). I recently got this upgrade and get 25mb download speed, 1.6mb upload speed over wireless.
Aspiring Contributor

Does anyone know when the cabinet on barchester street Poplar will be switched on?

Distinguished Sage

simple answer is no but it will be when openreach finish there work in the area not all cabinets can be enabled or indeed will be enabled at any exchange
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’