Beginner
Graeme_D

Street Cabinet

Hi

My exhange is due to be enabled in September this year, Exchange is Widnes (LVWID) Ive seen a few streets in the area with the new Fiber cabinets installed as well.

Im on CAB P82 and the Postcode is WA8 8UE, However according to the December 2011 Spreadsheet it says that my Cabinet is 'Not part of a phase' Does this mean that BTO have not set a date to upgrade it yet, or i cant get infinity at all?

Estate is a modern build about 5 years old, can anyone tell me somehow if my Cab will be upgraded in due time? BT wholesale checker says not available yet which is obvious.

Thanks

Expert
conrad

Re: Street Cabinet

As I understand it the exchange gets upgraded then there is a roll out to the multitude of cabinets.

The easiest way to check is to try this link  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017&s_cid=con_FURL_...   and enter your details.

Alternatively this may help https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html  ( you may need to show all content)

Sage
john46

It means at this time there are no current plans to upgrade the cabinet however it could be upgraded in a future phase
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Beginner
Graeme_D

Hi, i had an idea thats what it might be.

Thanks

Beginner
Graeme_D

Hi forgot to add, how would Openreach determine were i live is Commercially Viable? Would this already be done now, or only when they - for example begin a new phase etc? I know its a confusing question, just trying to cover as much as possible.

Thanks

Sage
john46

most likely already decided if your exchange area already has fibre then the viability study will have already been done
Also remember the 2011 spreadsheet is now well out of date not every cabinet is upgraded first time around
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’