Matt_R

Switching to BT from Virgin

How difficult can this be? I am trying to switch to BT Infinity from Virgin. (their price rise gives me the ability to get out of their lock in contract.)

Infinity is in my street.

However, I have an issue with my master socket, in so much that it is buried under floor boards. I need to speak to someone who can talk to me about moving to Infinity before my opportunity to leave virgin expires. And also coordinate with getting the master socket moved.

I have tried this once before, adn spent over 3 hours being transferred from one department to another, as it seems no one knows how to sign me up and arrange to get a master socket moved.

You would have thought that BT would be leaping at the chance to take internet customers off Virgin, but it seems that the call center staff can't grasp this concept. :-/

Aspiring Contributor
fifepc

Re: Phone socket

I have just moved from Virgin..
It was classed as a new install (at no extra charge to me)
The Openreach installer just did not bother with my old NTE5 in the hall,cut into my drop-wire & extended my line to a new master socket in the lounge 20 ft away
You only get the service you demand
Sage
john46

Re: Switching to BT from Virgin

If the current BT line is not in use the place an order for a new line that should resolve your problem
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
fifepc

Re: Phone socket

Sorry I dropped this in the wrong post I should have beeen in the Virgin one

You only get the service you demand
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

fifepc wrote:

Sorry I dropped this in the wrong post I should have beeen in the Virgin one

I have moved it there for you.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Matt_R

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, BT are refusing to install a new Master Socket, and insist that they have access to the original one. Being as that would mean removing floorboards, and generally causing upheaval that I don't need, it seems that I am stuck with Virgin.

Kind of seems short sighted to me, as if I have to stay with Virgin I might as well move my phone line and TV across to them as well, so not only are BT losing an opportunity to take a customer from a competitor, they are actively driving me into taking all my business there.

Shame, but I appreciate that theres nothing anyone in here can do.

Thanks anyway