clozzy

Re: What Cabinet am I connected to?

Hi Folks

I hope this is the right place to ask; I know that my exchange (Strood) is 'accepting orders' for Fibre and that in order for me to get it, the relevant street cabinet also needs to be upgraded. I can't tell which cabinet I'm on (post code ME2 2NJ) nor can I find out when that is going to be upgraded or not - can anyone here assist ?

Contributor
Mark039

According to the checker, you could be on either cabinet P7 or P16. When the data was compiled (December) the intention was to upgrade both to fibre. Unfortunately there's no way to find out when, though physically looking for a new cabinet within a few metres of the old one is in indication that the work is under way (but no indication of when it might complete).

The only sure way to know when you can upgrade is the BT Inifinty Checker, I'm afraid.

clozzy

Thanks .. :smileyhappy: Oh well, I'll just have to wait .....

Aspiring Contributor
cooldougie

Messaged you Dean:smileyhappy:

Hereforduk

Hi hope you can look into this for me.

Aspiring Contributor
cooper-marsh

what about PE19 2hy

Is there any info when my cabinet (56) will be upgraded??????

jasonhunt

Can I also ask about my Green Cabinet.

I am connected (at home) with fibre to my local Tunbridge Wells Exchange (NWDTE) but I have an office literaly 2 minutes walk away, and I can't seem to get fibre here yet? Why is deployment to sporadic and can anyone help tell me when the cabinet that server TN1 1UL (P83 apparently) is due for an upgrade for FTTC? 

Thanks

Sage
john46

That cabinet is currently not shown as being upgraded for fibre at this time not all cabinets are able to be upgraded or are at the first phase
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
farmergiles

[ Edited ]

PO3 6FE - any news on our long delayed cabinet?

That weird checker seems to hint "nothing is being done" which basically means BT are too dam lazy to get us up on fiber optic despite being a new build area. Useless. 

Pjarrett

I'm looking at moving from my current address to a newish build area  which has a postcode of CT149FW its a cul de sac, the BT equipment seems to be in the road and not a green cabinet, i've checked on the web and it looks like fttc isn't planned however each of the adjacent postcodes has fttc and I was wondering if it just wasn't on the current list.

Is anyone able to confirm availability or not before i proceed on the property?

thanks Paul