Aspiring Contributor
Capownz

What does a cabinet look like?

Hey everyone this may seem like a silly question but I need to get it off my chest. 

By What I understand there are 3 cabinets in my estate, 2 of which are now bt infinity enabled and the one I am on which is not. About a month ago one was done and I noticed a big BT INFINITY sign on the front, a few weeks ago another was done and the same was on that. Thinking I was next my cabinet was only painted black for some reason and looks completely different to the newer cabinets. After the 2 cabinets were done I received a letter stating I can now get bt infinity and yet the checker says no.... I'm not ever sure What a old and new cabinet looks like so any info or even better, a picture would be helpful :smileyhappy:

Sage
john46

Re: What does a cabinet look like?

Harold Road.jpga fibre cabinet looks like this  near to the existing cabinet 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
Capownz

That looks about right for the ones that have fibre, only difference is they are black for some reason. Do non-fibre cabinets look similar because the one I believe I'm connected too looks really thin and cheap :smileylol:

Sage
john46

[ Edited ]

no depending on there age  the cabinets can look different  but they are normally Green thh older cabinets are like these in the link http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/wiring_cabs.htm

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
Capownz

This is a picture of it before it was painted black

http://gyazo.com/b8d15abc0b1a76d821b0ef7a226b5152

would you say this IS in fact a cabinet or is it something else?

Sage
john46

that is not a fibre cabinet