Contributor
kevin51

What happens end of 18 month Infinity contract

[ Edited ]

I'm on an 18th month contact for my BT phone line & Infinity Broadband service, to complicate matters my phone line contract expires ahead of my Infinity contract. Are both contracts  rolled over on a monthly basis? is this done automatically or do I have to request it? I don't want to be locked into more 18 month contracts and would prefer to leave my options open.

Guru
Webby

Re: What happens end of 18 month Infinity contract

I believe they just go onto monthly rolling contracts when you're out of your period. When you're out of contract you can call up and negotiate a better deal by speaking with the customer options team.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Expert
Paul1360

Kevin, As webby says at the end of a contract it just rolls over month on month, but if you want to leave then all you do is ask for your MAC at any time no 30 days notice et al. If you have other ISP's in your area offering FTTC once again as webby says ring the retentions department and see if you can get a better deal. Alas I'm not able to do that as only BT and Talk Talk is around me and no way would I move to talk talk.

iechyd da

sky twitter account a customer ask why sky go streams are worst then sd and yet bt and eurosports apps stream in hd. Reply from mod, oh thats easy the files for hd are some huge that sky go can't play them and no app can stream hd due to this and so when they say they are they're really sd streams, if there was any way around this we would have done it now.
Guru
Webby

[ Edited ]

Paul1360 wrote:

Kevin, As webby says at the end of a contract it just rolls over month on month, but if you want to leave then all you do is ask for your MAC at any time no 30 days notice et al. If you have other ISP's in your area offering FTTC once again as webby says ring the retentions department and see if you can get a better deal. Alas I'm not able to do that as only BT and Talk Talk is around me and no way would I move to talk talk.

iechyd da

If you've got Infinity, and therefore FTTC, I would imagine that you're able to approach any ISP who offer FTTC and get service from them. They all use the same Openreach kit in the cab.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor
kevin51

thanks for replies,
Just spoke to BT,  (150 option 1) very nice lady from Scotland confirmed my phone line was now out of contract and on a monthly rollover, also gave me the exact date that my Infinity contract expires. She advised me to call the same number (150 option 1) two months before the Infinity expiry date where they would review my package and more than likely I'd be offered a better deal as they would want to keep me on as a phone/ broadband customer.

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

Bt do all sorts of deals for new customers.  At the end of the deal, you just switch to a rolling contract at the full advertised price.

What they don't make obvious is that you can phone them up, and agree a new deal over the phone, which usually comes with a new minimum 12 month period.