Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

What is your fastest BT Wholesale Speed Test result ?

Hi,

Aplogies to the CL's if this is not the right forum but it definitely is speed related related.  I tossed up where to post it but decided on here fuguring you will soon move it if you want to.

As the title suggests, and for a bit of fun, what is the fastest result you have got from the new BT Wholesale Speed Test ?

I'll kick off with this :-

SPEED TEST 130125.JPG

Best regards,
dfenceman
Distinguished Sage

Re: What is your fastest BT Wholesale Speed Test result ?

Was that on ADSL?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Expert

Hi Keith,

No, it was on SHDSL. 

Best regards,
dfenceman
Distinguished Sage

@dfenceman

what an improvement from you last stats showing 2.71mb connection speed - do you notice the improvement  ROFL_C12.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

dfenceman wrote:

Hi Keith,

No, it was on SHDSL. 

I will shift this to the Infinity board, as I am sure that one or two there will be amused. I thought you were still on ADSL.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi Keith,

I typed a long response but have lost it now ???

Right, I'll type it all again.  You are right I am on ADSL as is the whole village.  This result was obtained from the village school.

As you know, every speed test I have run on the "new" speed tester has returned a download speed in excess of my IP Profile and at times in excess of my downstream speed. 

Under the County Councils cost saving, performance enhancing project the school has just had its wireless link replaced with 16 bonded copper pairs.  This was projected to provide the school with 8Mbps, 2Mbps below all the other 250 odd in the county.  I therefore asked the school to run a speed test to find out what it is actually getting and this was the result.

I thought it would provide a little light relief from what can be a very serious forum.

As I said in my OP I was unsure where to post it but I never expected you to move it ti Infinity, I thought it might be The Lounge.  Neith of these are visited so frequently as the Speed/connection forum though.

Best regards,
dfenceman