Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

What will OR engineer do to install infinity?

I got my HH3 today.  But i've set it up on my adsl because i dont want them touching my pc.  No need for a CD!  I'm going to be at work, with my wife in when they instsall infinity.

So what will the engineer actually do and need access to?  The infinity cable reaches where i've put the HH, there is power available, though how long is the power cable for the OR modem?

What will he use to test the line?  His own laptop?

Contributor

Re: What will OR engineer do to install infinity?

they will first go and work from the greenbox

then its changing the socket to new one (phone and Broadband)
which is good as filters arent needed anymore

if you need to they also have extention cable up to 30 meters where they can install a secondry socket to connect your box to, you will lose a few KBs (i lost roughly 1/4 Mb) from 39mb

so make sure area is clear if you need them to install extention

they will test the line by connecting their gear to it and running line tests to ensure its all working

no laptops

also you dont need to install the software from the CD they gave.

“I am responsible. Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.”

Walter Anderson
Guru

[ Edited ]

bbcol wrote:

I got my HH3 today.  But i've set it up on my adsl because i dont want them touching my pc.  No need for a CD!  I'm going to be at work, with my wife in when they instsall infinity.

So what will the engineer actually do and need access to?  The infinity cable reaches where i've put the HH, there is power available, though how long is the power cable for the OR modem?

What will he use to test the line?  His own laptop?

Hi bbcol,

The power cable for the OR Modem is 3 metres long, and the engineer should ensure that Infinity is working on one of your machines. He does not need to install any software if you do not require it. 

[edit]

If you have a look at the video here:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29023 it will explain what happens.

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

Contributor

Ok cheers for the feedback. All useful. Much more helpful than on BT useless site. That video told me nothing.

The cable lengths and not needing to install the router themselves were very useful. Thanks.