Aspiring Contributor
arkiecomm13

Re: bt infinity 2 slow speeds

Only got the "this is normal within the first 10 days" answer from them. Looks like i will wait untill day 10 8AM and contact them, unless things perk up (which i doubt, as its been sat like this for 3 days)
Aspiring Contributor
arkiecomm13

Finally getting somewhere (I hope) Had another conversation with BT support and a lovely woman helped me out even tho i am within my 10 day period. She tried to run some line tests from her end. She wasnt able to do speed tests for some reason, i had to do this for her, and when tried to do a phone test, we got cut off. She has passed my fault to the exchange people, these will monitor my connection over next 24-48 hours, checking speed and my drop outs. and will call me within 48 hours with a plan.
Things get resolved if you keep prodding :-)
Expert
ray_dorset

I hope they do
Aspiring Contributor
arkiecomm13

4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:29:35
6. Data rate: 7200 / 40000
7. Maximum data rate: 19130 / 76056
8. Noise margin: 14.0 / 11.2
9. Line attenuation: 0.0 / 18.2
10. Signal attenuation: 0.0 / 18.2

Is my noise margin good? I keep seeing different comments saying higher is good and some say lower is good.
Expert
ray_dorset

That looks like an Infinity 1 connection.
The target noise margin is 6 so you can go faster.
Hopefully once your 10 days is up you'll be around your estimated speeds.
Aspiring Contributor
arkiecomm13

[ Edited ]

Just an update on my case.

Just had openreach contact me, they have noticed my drop in speed and drop outs. Engineer coming round tomorrow between 1-6pm to sort my line out and reset my cabinet in the process. So hopefully this time tomorrow i will be posting my speed increase and without dropouts.

Aspiring Contributor
arkiecomm13

Just had my engineer visit completed.

The contractor who fitted my infinity did it all wrong. At first i needed a complete re-wire from my local pole. (as soon as engineer knocked on my door he noticed it. 2, he didnt do any change to my master socket(apparently supposed to put new back plate ect to handle the new speed)

3hrs later and a complete re-wire, my speed is how it should be. 

Got to say,customer support was amazing, on 2nd attempt of talking to them i had an engineer round withing 48hrs and my problem fixed. VERY happy with BT again.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Another fine mess by a contractor. Good to hear you got it sorted out by somebody who knew what he was doing.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Aspiring Contributor
arkiecomm13

The 2 guys who did the job said they end up doing atleast 1 repair to a contractors install a day. Sounds to me like they not correctly trained, or being paid by the job and rushing them.

But hear is my new speeds :smileyhappy:

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 74.33 Mbps

0 Mbps77.43 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 74.33 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-77.43 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 77.43 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 14.79 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 14.79Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
Distinguished Expert
pippincp

Contractors are paid per job (£20-£25 depending on who they work for) so yes, they do rush and just want to get in and out as fast as possible.

Considering the number of contractors involved in the roll-out then 1 job per day for each Openreach engineer as a correction is a very low margin of error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cabinet comissioning process.

Get your IP Profile by running this speedtest (then Further Diagnostics) .

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/2640296][img]htt//valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2640296.png[/img][/url]

Get your IP Profile by running this speedtest (then Further Diagnostics) speedtest.

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/2640296][img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2640296.png[/img][/url]