on 07-10-2012 23h00
had bt infinity installed in august and have nothing but trouble since! the router keeps freezing, the have to keep turning it of at the wall and back on. then installer came and i thought it was happy days.............faster internet. i got a little book in the post about 2 weeks ago to see if i was happy with infinity and it says in the book that the engineer was supposed to put the disc in the laptop to complete installation i was handed a package with a disc which the engineer told me was my virus disc! and not to install it until the i had purchased online was out of date, is this why it is slow or is it just a faulty router,
it was also said that the router should have been installed and a speed test with the line in but engineer didnt do this either as my laptop never left the kitchen and the router is in the hall
on 10-10-2012 17h31
on 10-10-2012 20h41
Hello, to do a speedtest follow these easy steps!
1. Visit http://speedtester.bt.com/
2. Click yes and select the box "ADSL & FTTC (Fbire to the cabinet) diagnostics
3. Enter your home telephone number, leave service ID blank it's not required
4. Confirm the phone number is correct
5. Paste the results with the IP profiles here
on 10-10-2012 21h00
Could be overloaded, try this one.
Basically the same but after it has done click further diagnostics to see the IP profile then post it here.
on 10-10-2012 21h10
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
|0 Mbps||38.72 Mbps Max Achievable Speed|
|Download speedachieved during the test was - 37.77 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.72 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 38.72 Mbps|
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
|0 Mbps||10 Mbps Max Achievable Speed|
|Upload speed achieved during the test was - 5.06Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps|
10-10-2012 21h39 - edited 10-10-2012 21h40
That test basically shows you are getting good speeds.
Very good idd, but his upload should be a good 1/2mb highier.
What were your estimates?
If you don't know, follow these easy steps to find out!
2. Click the button "What broadband spped can I get?"
3. Enter your home telephone number and click "check now"
4. Paste your BT Infinity estimates here!
Also what Package are you on Option 1 or 2?