Beginner
pete_a

"The Remote Device or Resource won't accept the connection"

Had BT Infinity installed yesterday which according to the engineer all went fine.

New router and modem connected up with al the correct lights on on both of them.

However after this one laptop in the house is having persistent problems. The internet connection will connect and unconnect itself every 30 seconds or so and after troubleshooting the problem is apparently that the remote device or resource won;t accept the connection.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? All of the other computers and laptops in the house can connect absolutely fine.

Contributor
bilbo_james

Re: "The Remote Device or Resource won't accept the connection"

I had similar problem and sorted it by simply deleting the wireless network and reconnecting again putting in the access key when requested.
Right click on wireless icon and click open network and sharing centre. Then click manage wireless networks and when your network is shown, right click and delete the network.
Then go through the normal wireless network connection process.
Beginner
pete_a

Thanks for the reply. I tried that but the problem is still persisting.

Distinguished Expert
Bullitt

Guru
sjtp

I don't really expect the below to work, but probably worth a try ....

On a machine that DOES have a good connection, go to the homehub admin page at http://192.168.1.254 and go to Settings/Advanced Settings/Home Network  ( or direct to http://192.168.1.254/html/settings/a_devices.html)

Click on the offending device under 'Wireless Networks', and then on the page that comes up click 'Delete device'.

It may be that the HomeHub has somehow stored some wrong information about the device. That will make the HomeHub forget what it knows about that device, so when the device reconnects it may get a good connection.